aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

I say things are 'mint' all the time.

I think I've only hated on 3 bands and the N64 in this thread.

Fair enough. I wasn't having a go at you, despite how it may have come across. I guess my mind just picks out negative things.

You do seem to have most of the posts in the 'pet hates' thread though. :p

Glassjaw, Thrice, Hawthorn Heights

Not a fan of Thrice by any means, but I can't imagine them being worth hating. They've always just kinda... been there in the background for me.

Also, I have recently discovered Glassjaws first album, which I have to admit I am a fan of. Not what I was expecting from Glassjaw at all.

Bring Me The Horizon. I don't think I need to give an explanation.

Agreed tenfold.

Ha, they used to really piss me off, but I secretly liked Linger. We should have a seperate "Bands you hate but secretly like one song" thread.

I always say a lot of bands have at least one half good song although everything I've heard by Razorlight is mightily pish. Though that rule certainly does not apply to tosh laden boy bands such as westlife, boyzone, JLS eyc.

Deacon Blue is another one I can't stand but thought 'Your Town' was pretty neat.

I always say a lot of bands have at least one half good song although everything I've heard by Razorlight is mightily pish. Though that rule certainly does not apply to tosh laden boy bands such as westlife, boyzone, JLS eyc.

Deacon Blue is another one I can't stand but thought 'Your Town' was pretty neat.

Spot on with your observations.

I'll also mention the usual suspects Coldplay, Oasis, Robbie Williams, Maria Carey and anything from shit TV contests and their associated svengalis and add Lily Allen, that scrakey 5 Million Bicycle chick....and Garry Glitter.

MOST and I use that term loosely, modern R&B artists...... can't be doing with a lot them!!!!

YOU don't sing/play R&B..... call it something else.....!!

Otis, Eddie Floyd, Sam & Dave, etc, etc, they are the true Rhythn and Blues artists imo !!

Mordern R & B stands for Rhythm and Bass, not Rhythm and Blues. I would agree that most of it is pish though. Some of them do fall into the crap but did a song I like category though.