Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

My Shit List...

Bon Jovi - hackneyed shite

Belle & Sebastian - poofy wankstain twee pishflap bobbins

U2 - fucking obnoxious Mick fakes

Simply Red - (see Belle & Sebastian)

Fratellis - football chants for tatooed, beer-swilling fuckwits

I can't fault your choices other than U2, each to their own and all but I'm fairly certain they are genuine Micks. Although I think Adam Clayton is English in origin.

U2 are bollocks now, but The Joshua Tree was a brilliant album.

I'd forgotten about Runrig, good shout. Add in any similar shitty "fiddly-dee-diddle-dee" Celtic "rock" bands, like Wolfsbane etc.

I assume you mean Wolfstone, Wolfsbane were definitely not "fiddly-dee-diddle-dee" Celtic music, they were good though, i always liked "All hell's breaking loose at little Kathy Wilson's place".

Cheers

Stuart

Bon Jovi-Hated them since Runaway came out, pish pop metal with larded on sub-Springsteenisms, hey kids, I know how it is, tough on the streets etc.

Pink Floyd-Delay, check, Reverb, check, Pentatonics, check= Tasteful Tone!! Fuck off forever, and stop spoiling the parties of my youth, you dull reactionary fucks.

Keane- A New Low in everything.

You sir, are wrong.

He's not. He's right. Awful console. twice as powerful, graphically, than the PS1, yet the games still looked much worse. No good games and an awful, stupid controller. The games that were released on both the N64 and the PS1 were always miles ahead on the PS1, without a doubt. I remember playing Fifa 98 on the N64. It looked like lego men, if you burned and warped lego men.

I think Johnny Marr's a brilliant guitarist. The guitar part of How Soon Is Now is infinitely more interesting and impressive to me than some widdly fast playing. I still wonder how he does it.

Not sure...

Just use a tremelo pedal and set the timing to go with the speed of the beat.

I do agree that some widdly stuff can be a pile of shite (although Dimebag did it with feeling and style IMHO)

But i agree with you about PITBULL. i was on holiday at the end of august and there other song " i know you want me uno dos tres quatro " was playing in every bar or club you went into. Do people actually listen to this?

It was everywhere during the summer. And although not my usual cup of tea, it matched my holiday partying!! Haha.

U2

Glasvegas

Biffy Clyro

Flood of Red

Fucking Twin Atlantic - just because you sing in a stupid fucking accent doesnt make you a good band, awful overrated pish!

Something against Scottish bands who all, with the except of Flood of Red perhaps, sing with a Scottish accent??

p.s you've already mentioned Twin Atlantic.