aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

They are a band that that seem to attract the "get yr tits out for the lads" brigade which I hate so much, surely these fellows could maybe move themselves into the 21st century and away from the horrors of misogyny.

As an active misogynist, I really resent being tagged as an Oasis fan.

The Scissor Sisters.

I'll never understand why "DJs" insist on putting on "I feel like Dancing" (although that may not be the correct name... it's a Scissor Sisters song) after my soul band have finished a set. There are no words to describe how wrong that is. I could maybe let it go if it were just one shit DJ but there have been multiple instances of this happening and I feel like I should really do a Schwarzenegger style head twist neck break to rid the world of this problem. I suspect two more Scissor Sisters spinning DJs would sprout up to replace the one that died though so best not to I think.

and Abba.

The Scissor Sisters.

I'll never understand why "DJs" insist on putting on "I feel like Dancing" (although that may not be the correct name... it's a Scissor Sisters song) after my soul band have finished a set. There are no words to describe how wrong that is. I could maybe let it go if it were just one shit DJ but there have been multiple instances of this happening and I feel like I should really do a Schwarzenegger style head twist neck break to rid the world of this problem. I suspect two more Scissor Sisters spinning DJs would sprout up to replace the one that died though so best not to I think.

and Abba.

Could be worse Colin.....Simply Red! :D

There is much to despise about Oasis - mostly their fanbase in large. However, they had an initial run of singles with associated B-sides that were top quality, just good anthemic guitar songs with great tunes. 'Roll With It' was their first stumble for me, horrible song. I still can't believe the big Oasis vs. Blur fuss with both bands contributing probably their most horrible songs to that point.

I actually find 'Morning Glory' period Oasis the most difficult to listen to now due to overexposure and memories of a cheap holiday in Tenerife some years back with Linekers bar being full of English football fans singing 'Don't Look Back in Anger'. They have still had the odd good song cropping up over the years, such as 'The Importance of Being Idle' (although I like it better when accompanied by the undertaker based video, it's great), the albums are usually pretty dire overall though. Haven't even heard the last one.

They just have the kind of 'ordinary bloke' image that attracts undesirables - see also Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, etc. It's a shame as the associations with fannies as the audience detracts from some good songs on all counts.

I just don't get Belle and Sebastian. I've tried but just can't get into them at all. I even bought an early single in FOPP years back, only played once if anyone wants it.they do get some credit in my mind for spawning lovely Isobel however.even though I dislike them a fair bit, I thought filing them next to Simply Red was a travesty. No-one deserves that. Mick Hucknall deserves to walk in an even worse version of hell alone, ginger dreadlocked fanny that he is. Or was. Still looks like John Merrick with the lumpiest bits cut off.

Guest Gladstone
Typical lad rock thuggery. Are you going to say "ave it" when you twat us woon?

Yeah, and I'll swagger away whilst swigging a can of red stripe.

I can't tell if my joke went way over your head or not...?