aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

Mordern R & B stands for Rhythm and Bass, not Rhythm and Blues. I would agree that most of it is pish though. Some of them do fall into the crap but did a song I like category though.

really? and there was me thinking R & B stood for rubbish and bollocks these days :up:

This, to the power of roughly nine million.

Awful musical wankery, compounded by its inexplicable popularity with neds. "Play some Floooooyd maaaaan".

Sheesh.

It's a similar phenomena to posters of dope leaves and liking Bob Marley....oh, and let's not forget the Dope Fuhrer, Howard Marks.

I quite like 'Wish You Were Here' and 'The Wall'. Other than that I have horrific memories of 'The Division Bell' from offshore co-workers and an old juke box in Stonehaven.

I think this is my favourite thread ever.

The amount of musical hatred rolling about these forums is limitless and its bound to be about forever. Someone really has opened a pandoras box.

My personal hatred?

Cradle of Filth. Never have so many angry boys and girls needed a cuddle.

Complete and utter aural diahorrea.

Id rather eat a bucket of my own sick than listen to anyone whos ever been on the X factor or any of that mainstreem reality tv teeny bopper pish.

Something thats also annoying me is that none of them write their own songs.

Whats the point in being an artist if you cant write your own material?

Thank fuck rage beat X factor to xmas no1 this year.

Not that it really matters because the charts are clogged with shit anyway.

Thank fuck rage beat X factor to xmas no1 this year.

Not that it really matters because the charts are clogged with shit anyway.

Still, nice to know that people power still exists to some degree. Fair enough, no tyrants have been overthrown (debatable...), but it's nice to see folk come together to act against something they disagree with.

Tool. Always just went down as pretentious wankery to me. Although this may be partly due to the fact that i was introduced to them by a pretentious wanker...

I don't get the fascination either and have many relatives and friends who are big fans (yeah but you're a drummer so you must at least appreciate Danny Carey's genius etc. ad naseum)

M People - music for vacuous, middle-aged non-music fans. Guaranteed to be found in CD collections next to Coldplay, David Gray and Dido. Fuck your dinner party.

I don't get the fascination either and have many relatives and friends who are big fans (yeah but you're a drummer so you must at least appreciate Danny Carey's genius etc. ad naseum)

M People - music for vacuous, middle-aged non-music fans. Guaranteed to be found in CD collections next to Coldplay, David Gray and Dido. Fuck your dinner party.

I agree - more artists that would go spiffingly well with that collection:

The Lighthouse Family

Kings Of Leon

Doves

The Artic Monkeys

Shania Twain

The Corrs

Oh and that cunt Leane Rhimes (if thats how you spell her name)

there are many bands i want to rant unholy shite about but at the moment it seems whenever i turn on the radio in the car im greeted by

'wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy' , by christ that song makes my shit bubble....what the fuck does it even mean, you wake up feeling like a overated ass clown who speaks in slow motion, oh yeah and he is a FUCKING BLOKE.

i dont even know who does the song and its probably better that way otherwise i would feel compelled to hunt her down and put her dog in the tumble dryer whilst shaving her hamster and stuffing it up her arse

oh yeah, and 50 cent.....what a prick.......

I could go on for ages here!

Metallica -> Boring and overrated imo. They're alright composers.... Metallica songs covered by other people aren't bad. but Metallica played by Metallica = rubbish.

Slayer -> What's the obsession? Crappy lyrics and almost every song is some variation of 'god hates you, blooooood, murder and rape' or something like that. Kerry King's solos are boring as hell and their fans are the biggest bunch of pricks ever.

Trivium -> For a while I liked Ascendancy :( I was about 15 and into crap though in my defence, however just boring and generic.

Machinehead -> Why do people like them seriously? I just don't get it

Bring me the Horizon -> This one's obvious, but they went from making shit music with breakdowns every 10 seconds, to raping the corpse of Johnny Truant and churning out an album with breakdowns every 20 seconds which is still just a rubbish version of Johhny Truant. Then we have Oli Sykes.... and the rest of the band. I remember in an interview the emo guitarist saying 'people slag us off and say we're emo boys'... urm go figure.

Five Finger Death Punch -> How can any band play such a rubbish version of nu metal and be the darlings of the 'metal' press and be seen as the saviour of music. Wtf?

Glamour of the Kill -> How the fuck did these guys get so many support slots? Saw them supporting other bands twice and they're terrible. Horribly whiny emo vocals that make your ear bleeds. I remember their signature song thing was called 'Rise from your grave'... if anything they make me want to dig my own. Seriously i'll post a youtube vid. It's just horrible.

Descibed by a reasonably well known Basick band (not MMW!) as being the 'Worst band in the UK' and they're definitely up there.

Bullet for my Valentine -> Popular amongst the scene kids. Nuff said. The ONLY good thing about this band is the use of harmonised leads... but even still loads of bands do it better. Terrible vox and generally boring lyrics and music. Plus too many emo kids like them!

Avenged Sevenfold -> See Bullet for My Valentine.

Despised Icon -> horrible deathcore crap. Nothing else to say.

The Ting Tings -> the singer has such an annoying voice, coupled with mindless repetetive lyrics = awful music.

Honourable mentions to Enter Shikari, Guns N Roses, Attack Attack!, Asking Alexandria, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Whitechapel, Emmure, any other band who puts breakdowns when they run out of riff ideas, anything with horrible trancey interludes.

I like a lot of music from acoustic to jazz to death metal... their is just a LOT of stuff I cannot stand!

Id rather eat a bucket of my own sick than listen to anyone whos ever been on the X factor or any of that mainstreem reality tv teeny bopper pish.

Something thats also annoying me is that none of them write their own songs.

Whats the point in being an artist if you cant write your own material?

Darius wrote Colourblind, and it was actually a bloody good pop song.

*runs for cover*