aberdeen-music

Rage for Xmas number 1?

timson

I heard 'The Climb' in the wee small hours during a dosage of insomnia, the syrup laced video as well. It was the first time I'd heard it. I didn't even hate it that much, well it was predictable wishy washy disposable ballad material that Cowell usually produced, what did we expect???

what should happen next year is some two bit indie or metal nobodies should hastily record a version of whatever shite Cowell chooses and do their own version and rush release it. One of the most annoying comments the judges make is how the kareoke artist 'nailed that song' or 'made it their own'.

I envisaged a thrashy fast paced punk version of 'The Climb' and think it would have been fantastic. That way people can make their own minds up which version of the song to purchase! Or get out more.

I know a lot of people are trying to big this up as a massive act of rebellion, a bit of anarchy, and taking a stand against the system and other stuff students and punx likes to talks about.

But I think that many, including myself, have just bought the RATM single as a way of sending a message to Simon Cowell that we're sick of his stupid face, and could he please fuck off now.

That is all.

I know a lot of people are trying to big this up as a massive act of rebellion, a bit of anarchy, and taking a stand against the system and other stuff students and punx likes to talks about.

But I think that many, including myself, have just bought the RATM single as a way of sending a message to Simon Cowell that we're sick of his stupid face, and could he please fuck off now.

That is all.

Don't forget his silly hair and overly white teeth.

:up:

Guest Gladstone

I may yet be eating my words. I didn't think there was any hope that RATM would get the number 1 spot. I hope it does because the X Factor song is pish, and regardless of who was behind the campaign, I'd like X Factor knocked off the top for once.

The X Factor singles are always a bucket of bilge. It's always some soppy orchestral musical arse-print. Why not a jaunty pop number about porking birds and having a dance, like Timberlake or something? It's always some slow poncey crooning, with a montage of him having a bit of a sob, or him rescuing a cat from a tree or some overly pompous fucking shite.

Maybe they'll cancel the #1 spot this year, like they did when the Sex Pistols topped the charts.

That is all.

absolutely my feelings as well. Cowell was wincing during the x factor press conference how the campaign for RATM was 'stupid' because it was directly aimed at him... fucking right Simon you smug, annoying, tosser. what gives you the divine right to think you have the christmas number one bagged every year on the back of your tv singing competition show?

utterly pointless and completely childish I know but I think its great fun and this is supposed to be the season to be jolly after all!

I actually feel sorry for Joe. It's not his fault the public are largely stupid and the alternative types are vindictive and narrow minded. Poor guy is just trying to make a name for himself. While i can't stand the type of music he's going to be churning out i think this whole thing is ridiculous and ultimately pretty pathetic.

When did "pop" music stop being allowed to be popular? Last time i checked 10 million people were watching the X Factor which kind of points to it being popular. I wouldn't say Rage Against The Machine were popular, good, but not popular. The whole song choice is so cliched as well. The lack of imagination displayed by this whole debacle is laughable.

If RATM end up number 1 for Christmas, that'll be what kills the UK Popular Music chart not people buying music they actually like because they like it. People buying music to spite someone is just idiotic.

No hard in a bit of change regarding the Xmas number 1.

Cheryl Cole called the Rage campaign cruel. Why? This young guy could have a number 2 single, hardly a fail.

She then said that it's a shame for Joe because of all the hard work he has put in. What? He has worked on singing, yes, song writing, nope.

No hard in a bit of change regarding the Xmas number 1.

Cheryl Cole called the Rage campaign cruel. Why? This young guy could have a number 2 single, hardly a fail.

She then said that it's a shame for Joe because of all the hard work he has put in. What? He has worked on singing, yes, song writing, nope.

exactly, mind you all that hugging and crying takes an awful lot of work! The X factor camp are pathetic the way they're chucking their toys out the pram cos they ain't having it all their own way.

I actually feel sorry for Joe. It's not his fault the public are largely stupid and the alternative types are vindictive and narrow minded. Poor guy is just trying to make a name for himself. While i can't stand the type of music he's going to be churning out i think this whole thing is ridiculous and ultimately pretty pathetic.

When did "pop" music stop being allowed to be popular? Last time i checked 10 million people were watching the X Factor which kind of points to it being popular. I wouldn't say Rage Against The Machine were popular, good, but not popular. The whole song choice is so cliched as well. The lack of imagination displayed by this whole debacle is laughable.

If RATM end up number 1 for Christmas, that'll be what kills the UK Popular Music chart not people buying music they actually like because they like it. People buying music to spite someone is just idiotic.

Precisely. And somewhat a paradox, if its for the reasons of sticking up the proverbial middle finger to the 'system'.

I agree with Alkaline......

As good as they may be.... trying to get RATM to number 1, to spite an X Factor winners single IS a nasty piece of manipulation....

Market forces an all that??

The most bought, hence popular, SHOULD be the No 1, be that Joe, or no!

and under normal circumstances, without this campaign, that would NOT be RATM