aberdeen-music

Rage for Xmas number 1?

timson

Guest Gladstone
Oh also iTunes are showing Rage at number one today. :up::up::up::up::up:

X Factor CD is released today though, which will clean up.

I'd like Rage to get number 1, because I've been moaning for the past few years about the monopoly over the Xmas number 1, but I'd just decided to forget about it. The X Factor and all that shit will eventually get boring to the nation, and Cowell will retire a billionnaire. Fair play to him - he's manipulated the public, the contestants, even RATM fans, and made a fucking mint out of it.

From what I can see, he's never been about the music in the slightest which saddens me, but it's just the way of life. The big record companies have been milking the fuck out of popstars and the public for decades, this is just a way of them embracing the current culture, and making a massive amount of money from the phone vote. They probably don't even make much money out of the Xmas single, given how much money goes into advertising it etc. They "give away" a million quid record deal as the prize, which no doubt includes all sorts of shit, like recording, distribution, advertising etc and I'd imagine the poor little popstar doesn't get anywhere near a million quid, not even close, but they do get to "live the dream" for about 8 months, and if they do actually have talent, they'll get kept on to make some more money for Cowell. But if they're just good singers, like this boy appears to be, they'll release a Xmas single, an album a wee while later, and possibly one more single just as X Factor is coming back on TV the following year, then they'll be forgotten about.

I'd like Rage to get number 1, because I've been moaning for the past few years about the monopoly over the Xmas number 1, but I'd just decided to forget about it. The X Factor and all that shit will eventually get boring to the nation, and Cowell will retire a billionnaire. Fair play to him - he's manipulated the public, the contestants, even RATM fans, and made a fucking mint out of it.

From what I can see, he's never been about the music in the slightest which saddens me, but it's just the way of life. The big record companies have been milking the fuck out of popstars and the public for decades, this is just a way of them embracing the current culture, and making a massive amount of money from the phone vote. They probably don't even make much money out of the Xmas single, given how much money goes into advertising it etc. They "give away" a million quid record deal as the prize, which no doubt includes all sorts of shit, like recording, distribution, advertising etc and I'd imagine the poor little popstar doesn't get anywhere near a million quid, not even close, but they do get to "live the dream" for about 8 months, and if they do actually have talent, they'll get kept on to make some more money for Cowell. But if they're just good singers, like this boy appears to be, they'll release a Xmas single, an album a wee while later, and possibly one more single just as X Factor is coming back on TV the following year, then they'll be forgotten about.

Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but Leona Lewis seems to have done nae too bad for herself, other than getting punched in the head recently...

Capital tale mon frere.

Guest Gladstone
Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but Leona Lewis seems to have done nae too bad for herself, other than getting punched in the head recently...

Hence my point "if they actually have talent they'll get kept on etc etc"

Guest Gladstone
I haven't really properly checked on this thread but has anyone mentioned that Sony own both record companies that own Joe McElderry and RATM respectively?

You're fucking joking?

I'm outraged.

Cowell speaking to the NME, he probably thinks its still a credible cutting edge rag!!! I think the whole thing is wonderful. It's brilliant seeing Simon Cowell being made to look a fool. He has been getting his own way far too long! And I've rediscovered the brilliance of the Rage track. Still not heard 'The Climb' but from what I've been reading it's a pretty poor effort. I read a really long thread about it on digital spy website and a lot of X Factor supporters were saying its pretty crap. Cowell probably made some shady deal with whoever wrote 'the climb' and its backfiring.

blimey Rage are now favourites...

Rage Against The Machine become bookies' chart favourite over Joe McElderry | News | NME.COM

Tom Morello's timing for coming out in support of the campaign is spot on. Captain Kareoke's effort came out on CD today but who the hell still buys CD singles???