aberdeen-music

Rage for Xmas number 1?

timson

I have never understood the level of sheer fury that gets directed towards the X-Factor.

It's a tv talent show where some people sing pop songs, somebody wins and they have a number one record at Christmas. Simple.

For some reason this seems to send every 'authentic' music fan into a fit of rage, near exploding at the very idea of the X-Factor and how it's some kind of representation of our consumer-driven society gone mad. It's just a programme on the telly about people trying to be pop stars, the world is not going to go mad with people shitting and raping in the streets and running into your room and burning your Radiohead vinyl while you're on Twitter.

I will however be downloading Sheena Easton's 'Modern Girl' 275,000 times on the week leading up to Christmas.

I have never understood the level of sheer fury that gets directed towards the X-Factor.

It's a tv talent show where some people sing pop songs, somebody wins and they have a number one record at Christmas. Simple.

For some reason this seems to send every 'authentic' music fan into a fit of rage, near exploding at the very idea of the X-Factor and how it's some kind of representation of our consumer-driven society gone mad. It's just a programme on the telly about people trying to be pop stars, the world is not going to go mad with people shitting and raping in the streets and running into your room and burning your Radiohead vinyl while you're on Twitter.

I will however be downloading Sheena Easton's 'Modern Girl' 275,000 times on the week leading up to Christmas.

Quoted for truth etc. Despite the fact that having an X-Factor winner for christmas number one every year is annoyingly predictable I'd much rather have the X-Factor winner number 1 than RATM. Why? The X-Factor winners' single will (probably) be some inane ballad-like pop song, not especially christmassy, but so inoffensive I'll be able to ignore it with ease. This is much preferable to an aggresive anthem for twattish little teenagers, which despite it self-righteousness only really serves as an excuse for pathetic twerps to yell the "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me", without any regard for whom the "you" in question is.

Plus anyone who actually wants a song with the word "motherfucker" in the lyrics as christmas number one is simply a twat.

• Upvote 1

I stopped watching the X Factor a while back because quite frankly its a bit rubbish and not for me. As sure as the pope is a catholic I see copulous posts on facebook from people complaining about how shit it is yet are watching it. I was like that a couple of months ago but then figured I actually do have better things to do than watch a bunch of hopeful fuckwits sing songs I mainly hate.

This whole get rage against the machine thing is beginning to really grind my gears, an utterly pointless exercise. Since when did anyone give a shit about the charts anyways? Yes it times gone by the xmas number 1 was the most exciting of the year but times have changed. conclusively i really dont care if the x factor get to number 1 now, I got much more important things to worry about.

Its getting all a bit silly I think.

My favourite thing about this is that some of the same people who have thousands of status updates about the X Factor on Facebook are joining groups like "Get Journey to Xmas 1!!!!1111!!!!".

Christmas number 1s are pretty much always shit. It's no big deal. It's not like selling singles is the key focus any more, ARGUABLY IN MY HUMBLE FUCKING OPINION.

I love it that, after claiming they'd "love to see Christmas number one with the word "fuck" in it" :

None of the admins have anything to do with Sony music or Rage Against The Machine themselves. We're just 2 music fans who want to bring back the Christmas No.1 excitement to the UK

(plus we'd love to see a Christmas No.1 containing the word 'fuck')

the organisers don't even have the balls to use the word "fuck" on their posters.

14541_197301375263_674965263_3551434_4686483_n.jpg

Worst. Rebellion. Ever.

This is what the X-Factor winner will be releasing:

A Miley Cyrus track. Seriously? Sounds like the usual "inspiration" pish that they usually release, it's almost always some kind of power ballad filled with references to the "incredible journey" they've just been on and how it's changed their life or whatever.

See also:

Shayne Ward - That's My Goal ("You know where I come from, You know my story, You know why I'm standing here tonight / I'm here to win your heart and soul etc.)

Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This ("Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this etc,")

Leon Jackson - When You Believe ("Than can be miracles, when you believe, though hope is frail it's hard to kill etc")

2009 Winner - The Climb (The struggles I'm facing. The chances I'm taking. Sometimes might knock me down but No I'm not breaking. I may not know it but these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most, yeah. )

This is what the X-Factor winner will be releasing:

A Miley Cyrus track. Seriously? Sounds like the usual "inspiration" pish that they usually release, it's almost always some kind of power ballad filled with references to the "incredible journey" they've just been on and how it's changed their life or whatever.

See also:

Shayne Ward - That's My Goal ("You know where I come from, You know my story, You know why I'm standing here tonight / I'm here to win your heart and soul etc.)

Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This ("Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this etc,")

Leon Jackson - When You Believe ("Than can be miracles, when you believe, though hope is frail it's hard to kill etc")

2009 Winner - The Climb (The struggles I'm facing. The chances I'm taking. Sometimes might knock me down but No I'm not breaking. I may not know it but these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most, yeah. )

Alexandra Burke just proves it's all shite though. "But you don't really care for music, do you?"

:up: