aberdeen-music

Rage for Xmas number 1?

timson

I downloaded RATM. Not because I give a flying fuck about the Christmas No.1 but because hearing the tune took me back to the magical days of The Palace when I could 'dance' to Killing in the Name without coughing up a lung afterwards and needing to sit down with a cup of tea for 20mins.

And I never bought the album at the time because I was always skint.

Outstanding! The lyrics in that song are fucking hysterical.

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time" - really?

"Do they know it's Christmas time at all?" - yup, that definitely needs to be addressed.

Feed the world man.

"No Rain or river flows"..... hang on, what about The Nile, The Congo and the Zambeze?

Bob Geldof, he should know about famine, he's been feeding of 'I don't like Mondays' for fucking years!

If RATM comes anywhere near close to hitting a dent in the X factor song in sales, would simon cowell not just go out and buy 40,000 of the X factor singles? Bearing in mind a lot of the money will just coin straight into his pocket anyway. Hmm.

not sure what you mean by a dent in sales.

i don't think that the people that are buying RATM are buying it instead of the X factor song, they would have no intention of buying x factor song, therefore the sales of the x factor song remain unaffected.

and i think the chart would monitor a multiple purchase buy of 40k singles, he'd have to spread it out, but yeah i'm sure he could masterplan it if he felt the need to.

Guest Gladstone
ps after hearing that 19.1million people watched the X Factor result you'd think that perhaps a minimum 0.5% would buy the single, which i reckon would eclipse any campaign by a long way, maybe even more than 4 times more sales than number 2?

There is no way that X Factor won't be number 1 at Xmas.

Shayne Ward - That's My Goal ("You know where I come from, You know my story, You know why I'm standing here tonight / I'm here to win your heart and soul etc.)

The guy who wrote 'That's my Goal' is actually a mad prog head who writes pop tunes to finance his other prog projects

Frost* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Outstanding! The lyrics in that song are fucking hysterical.

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time" - really?

Yes there will, the top of Kilimanjero is always covered in snow...

currently at number one for midweek charts.

RATM! wooo

Hmm, is this official? 'Cause it's clearly in the X-Factor camp's interest to lead people to believe that it's close, thus leading to more people buying it in a "Blur v Oasis" style "war". You will note they were claiming that the actual X Factor result itself was close despite Joe proving to be miles ahead in the end, for this very reason.

currently at number one for midweek charts.

RATM! wooo

Hmm, is this official? 'Cause it's clearly in the X-Factor camp's interest to lead people to believe that it's close, thus leading to more people buying it in a "Blur v Oasis" style "war". You will note they were claiming that the actual X Factor result itself was close despite Joe proving to be miles ahead in the end, for this very reason.

I thought the midweek charts came out on Wednesday?

iTunes showing is at no. 2.

charts.jpg

Bear in mind as well that the X-Factor one is also available on CD, whereas Rage is download only, so there will be not only the itunes charts, but all the CD sales as well. A valiant effort, but one that was always destined to end in failure.

EDIT - What the hell is Journey doing in the top 10?!?!

I thought the midweek charts came out on Wednesday?

iTunes showing is at no. 2.

*Crazy long image*

Bear in mind as well that the X-Factor one is also available on CD, whereas Rage is download only, so there will be not only the itunes charts, but all the CD sales as well. A valiant effort, but one that was always destined to end in failure.

EDIT - What the hell is Journey doing in the top 10?!?!

One of the Pop Tarts on X Factor did a Journey song...

That page say's he wrote "tide is high" for Atomic Kitten? Blondie sang it first if my mind serves?

Close, Blondie is the best known version but it was actually written by John Holt lead singer of the Paragons, but I'm guessing its a mistake on wiki (surely not) although there were some new lyrics inserted into the Atomic Kitten version for the Lizzie Maguire Movie, it can hardly be classed as writing it, but I think he co-produced it which is why its there, albeit in the wrong place.

although I was initially against the campaign for Rage Against The Machine, I'm finding it quite exciting, just like the old days, I shall be listening to the charts on Sunday! At least its giving Cowell a run for his money and the miserable git doesnt like it one bit! Be funny if Rage got it, but the X Factor will probably shade it. Still hope this paves the way for years to come!