aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

This is very enjoyable. I really hope Germany score a couple more to justify a win and to show that Lampard's 'goal' would've made no difference.

As Woods and I discussed today, that's not how it works. Past events change the present. Watch Back To The Future. 2-2 at half time would have changed everything. If that INCREDIBLE goal from Lampard had have counted, which was INCREDIBLE, we'd have gone on to win the World Cup. You can argue if you want, but I'll just talk over you.

On a more serious note I guess, Glen Johnson and Gareth Barry are two of the worst footballers to step foot off the plane in South Africa. Absolutely inexcusably awful. I can't believe Money City are considering giving the excellent De Jong the boot in favour of Yaya Toure. Fuck that. Get rid of shitty, shitty, shitty Gaz Baz. He does nothing. He offers nothing. He has no trait which puts him ahead of the likes of Huddlestone, Carrick or Scott Parker.

I'd hate to see Capello get the blame for this. It's not Capello. It's the "golden generation" who aren't good enough.

Also. Germany were very good. Let's not forget that.

As Woods and I discussed today, that's not how it works. Past events change the present. Watch Back To The Future. 2-2 at half time would have changed everything. If that INCREDIBLE goal from Lampard had have counted, which was INCREDIBLE, we'd have gone on to win the World Cup. You can argue if you want, but I'll just talk over you.

No arguing from me... I know that it would've changed the game.

However, the further goals reinforced the overall performance from England and the clinical nature of Germany's performance

:)

On another note... what a great day for refereeing performances... or defensive performances if the Argentina/Mexico game is anything to go by!

The Nigels were utterly horrible today, this maybe just maybe is the moment where the media/FA/fans/EPL clubs swallow abit of humble pie and stop throwing money at the problems in the game down rather than invest in a long term plan to fix them (doubt it though)....

Lampard was keeping up typical English arrogance post match saying how the disallowed 'goal' changed the game and England were 'the much better side for the first 20 mins of the second half'. Then he harped on about how only England looked like scoring in that period blah blah blah... arrogant wanker, he should never play for England again although he was one of the better of a shoddy bunch. At least Joe Cole had the dignity to admit that England were beaten by the better side.

Says a lot when Calamity James was England's best player. Watching the argies tonight, its scary to think what they might have done to England.

England were pathetic throughout.

The Argentina-Mexico game was pretty good. So why was the BBC's half-time analysis largely spent looking back at the fucking England game? Is this going to go on for the rest of the tournament? Every incident where technology would have been of benefit leads back to the goal-that-was-but-wasn't?

Unfortunately so. It's just horrible. I was hoping I could now just enjoy the World Cup as a neutral, but we're going to spotlight England's shortfall at every opprtunity. I've watched a bit of the ESPN America coverage online and it;s been superb. They really seem genuinely interested in every game, every team and haven't been sucking up to their own team. The way it should be, like it is with club football during regular season. There's no reason why the coverage and punditry should be so biased because it's England, especially considering there's more than just English people who watch the BBC/ITV

Chris Waddle did a fantastic follow-up rant on Radio 4 this morning after his explosion on Radio 5 yesteraday. Moaning about how technique is coached out of youngsters in this country and how we need to look at how other countries nurture talented players instead of focusing solely on physical attributes like strength and pace. He was very angry sounding. ANGER.

Follow this link - BBC iPlayer - Today: 28/06/2010 - and get to 2 hours 26 minutes in to hear it.

Right, I want Holland to win the World Cup now. Their starting line-up today:

1-Maarten Stekelenburg; 2-Gregory van der Wiel, 3-John Heitinga, 4-Joris Mathijsen, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst; 6-Mark van Bommel, 8-Nigel de Jong; 11-Arjen Robben, 10-Wesley Sneijder, 7-Dirk Kuyt; 9-Robin van Persie.

Numbers 1 to 11 in the correct positions. It's beautiful. They have to win.

Right, I want Holland to win the World Cup now. Their starting line-up today:

1-Maarten Stekelenburg; 2-Gregory van der Wiel, 3-John Heitinga, 4-Joris Mathijsen, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst; 6-Mark van Bommel, 8-Nigel de Jong; 11-Arjen Robben, 10-Wesley Sneijder, 7-Dirk Kuyt; 9-Robin van Persie.

Numbers 1 to 11 in the correct positions. It's beautiful. They have to win.

Phwoar. Seeing that written down like that is sexy football. My only qualm is that 11 is left wing, and Robben is playing on the right. I'll grant him this because he's left footed, and he's only out there so he can do his cut-in-and-twat-it signature move, which he's already done so far.

Even Sneijder is in the traditional number 10 position. Beautiful.

Regardless of squad numbers, I do want them to win it. I think I like just about every one of their players, that I actually know of anyway. Even De Jong, who plays for Twat City. He's alright him. Doesn't mind getting his knees mucky and his elbows grazed.

Phwoar. Seeing that written down like that is sexy football. My only qualm is that 11 is left wing, and Robben is playing on the right. I'll grant him this because he's left footed, and he's only out there so he can do his cut-in-and-twat-it signature move, which he's already done so far.

Even Sneijder is in the traditional number 10 position. Beautiful.

Regardless of squad numbers, I do want them to win it. I think I like just about every one of their players, that I actually know of anyway. Even De Jong, who plays for Twat City. He's alright him. Doesn't mind getting his knees mucky and his elbows grazed.

Not watching the game. I am impressed by this traditionalism but is Heitinga playing on the left side of defence?

I've decided I would quite like Argentina win it just to see how mental Maradona goes, he may actually explode.

Apparently he's going to run through the streets of Beunos Aeries naked if they win it... wouldnt bet against him doing it either!