aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

actually since the game is on the BBC confident England can do well. As soon as Chiles and his cronies are let loose on an England game again they're fucked... think the quarter final if England make it is being shown on both channels, whats the point of that? nae fucker will watch ITV!

cracking free kick for Japan's opener!

Dark Horse, the Japanese. They look so confident with the ball, and really are quite daring. They looked good against us in Austria and really should have stuffed us. I hope they progress. Saying that, I couldn't bare to see the sight of Bendtner upset. It would be like kicking a child into a pond. Poor Nicky B. Hang in there, sport. You'll score plenty of inexplicably flukey goals at ridiculous important moments next season, I'm sure.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I've got Ivory Coast in the sweeper. All we need Is a 7-0 win for Ivory Coast and a 2-0 win for Brazil. Simples.

I'm beginning to believe that bonkers Jap coach who reckoned his team can get to the semis! But Paraguay will probably have too much for them! Be suprised if a South American team doesn't win it, still going for my pre tournament prediction of a Brazil v Argentina final!

Think the Germans are going to beat England.

I think Japan could beat Paraguay, I'm sure it will be a tight game though. Paraguay looked quite impressive against Slovakia but not so much in their other two matches.

Germany should beat England, Germany will outnumber them in the centre of midfield and control possession. I don't think England will be allowed to play at the high tempo they did for much of the Slovenia match.

Should be a good day today, both the Portugal - Brazil and Spain - Chile matches have the potential to be really great and provide a lot of goals too.

I really hope Switzerland don't make it through their group.

gutted gonna miss the brazil v brazil b game this afternoon.

I really think the Germans will be too strong. However if Capello can get the English to rise to the occasion they certainly have a chance. But despite that improved showing against Slovenia I still think there's something not quite right in the England camp. Who knows it's a funny old game after all!

In this instance, 'They' = Gareth Barry. The Opta stats, which excludes speculative crosses and passes into the box, indicates no England player in the starting 11 gave the ball away more than twice (with 8 of 11 players only giving it away once or less), except Gaz Baz, who tipped the scales with an unforigivable 6 times. Starting 11 excludes Joe Cole, who gave it away 3 times.

Barry worries me. Everyone else is fine.

gutted gonna miss the brazil v brazil b game this afternoon.

I really think the Germans will be too strong. However if Capello can get the English to rise to the occasion they certainly have a chance. But despite that improved showing against Slovenia I still think there's something not quite right in the England camp. Who knows it's a funny old game after all!

I think what was missing from the group games was that big game mentality. We looked to underestimate USA and Algeria like we did with Ukraine at Wembley and Holland in Amsterdam. It's a big game that has to be won, because we certainly don't want penalties. We'll have to rise to the occasion, and I think we will, with the momentum of getting through to the next round. There was definitely more of a team spirit in the last game than any other. I don't think that alone will mean victory for us, but I think we'll play well.

Philkaline. What's your verdict?

Everyone else is fine.

Even Lampard?

There was a great stat buried in the minute-by-minute coverage on the Guardian during the England game:

Frank Lampard had had 31 shots on goal in his World Cup career going into this game. Only one person has had more (33) in world cup history. He's already missed once more so far this game, so all he needs to do is miss a shot on goal 2 more times (should be easy for him) and he will be the record-holding worst-person-of-all-time at shooting on goal in all world cup history. He also had 24 shots on goal last world cup without scoring (the most of any player in that tournament).

Even Lampard?

There was a great stat buried in the minute-by-minute coverage on the Guardian during the England game:

Haha. The worst person shooting at goal of all time. That's an incredible accolade. If Ireland had have qualified, Darron Gibson would have equalled that record in half an hour.

In this instance, 'They' = Gareth Barry. The Opta stats, which excludes speculative crosses and passes into the box, indicates no England player in the starting 11 gave the ball away more than twice (with 8 of 11 players only giving it away once or less), except Gaz Baz, who tipped the scales with an unforigivable 6 times. Starting 11 excludes Joe Cole, who gave it away 3 times.

Barry worries me. Everyone else is fine.

John Terry seemed to be giving at away a lot. But perhaps my dislike of the turnip headed c**t is now such that I have started hallucinating him doing such things.

So did Upson, who looked shakey in the first few minutes, and is a player I don't rate at all, especially nowhere near as much as I rate Dawson, who should be playing.

However, I do hope Carragher isn't reintroduced. Upson throwing his body infront of shots has earned his place for now at least.

Soccerball eh? Trust the Yanks to still just get it a bit wrong.

With that horrible inspirational music, it's like one of those sob stories on X-Factor. Plus, "The world's" reaction the the American goal? OK, I guess then that "The World" consists of America and Paris.

All that patriotism has given me diahorrea.

Got a funny text from my mate Manuel today when I was bemoaning the lack of Scotland at the World Cup. (guess where he's from)

"Bro! This is very easy, if you want to enjoy the world cup support the winner... support Maradona! Remember, God is everywhere but his office is in Buenos Aires"

Harsh red. Almost looks like he doesn't even touch him. Torres looks like he's been shot until the card comes out, then he's fine again. Fucking nancy.

The squad number nazi in me is not happy about Capdevila, a left back, playing in the number 11 shirt. No, I don't like that at all.

Asamoah Gyan wearing number 3 as a striker for Ghana has been irritating me. Go sort 'em out.