aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

I heard that last week. Calls for Hodgson and Redknapp to take over.

yea i heard it on bbc news as well. bordering on xenophobic stuff actually from a times/telegraph journalist. she said he wasn't english so couldn't possibly understand the english game. despite the english game being owned by foreigners and largely played by foreigners now.

Terry tried to organise 'clear-the-air' talks, which everyone including the staff approved at some stage. Then they were quashed by Capello and didn't happen. Apparently the mood in the camp is still 'excellent' despite Terry being shut down like that. According to our press that are actually there, he's taken it on the chin and getting on with it. It's just pointless politics that we don't need to hear about nor be reported. I don't even want to hear about England on non-England match days, unless something horrific has happened. But yet again, straight after the Spain match, we got a quick glance of the goals, then it was back to England gossip and subsequent panic and pressure. Pointless.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

They were even talking about England at half time lastnight. I screamed at the TV something along the lines of 'nobody gives a fuck about England - there are 31 other teams in this tournament!'. I felt quite hard...

Talking of feeling hard, cracking line from the commentator last night:

'Here's Xavi, one of the world's greatest pingers.'

Made me sniffer like a teenager.

It was followed by a couple of lines something like 'he hits him with it' and 'a deep one fro

Xavi'.

If I had the required skills and time I'd cut that audio up and create something completely hilarious.

It's ridiculous the way the media harp on and on and on and on and on about England, having cooled my enthusiasm for the national side because they're a bunch of cocks, I am wanting to enjoy the football but instead am bombared with stupid and pointless rumours about what's going on in the England set up. And it's usually the opinion of failed ex professionals who hardly have a cap between them; yet they know best.

If England pick up the pace and beat Slovenia well tomorrow then it'll be all how England will go on and win the world cup. The media just want a story.

Uruguay and Mexico to play out a bore draw? or will Mexico actually go for it to try and avoid Argentina?

I hope to see France's misery continue and South Africa to go out with something to celebrate.

Sounds like Argentina might rest a few players, I'd like to see Aguero get a full game, he was great when he came on in their last match. And Hopefully Milito plays instead of Higuain, I can't have him giving so many fantasy points to my oppositions again!

Uruguay and Mexico to play out a bore draw? or will Mexico actually go for it to try and avoid Argentina?

I hope to see France's misery continue and South Africa to go out with something to celebrate.

Sounds like Argentina might rest a few players, I'd like to see Aguero get a full game, he was great when he came on in their last match. And Hopefully Milito plays instead of Higuain, I can't have him giving so many fantasy points to my oppositions again!

I could see Mexico and Uruguay just passing it back forth to each other for 90 minutes so they both go through. Like that other time that happened back at that other world cup that I can't remember.

Terry tried to organise 'clear-the-air' talks, which everyone including the staff approved at some stage. Then they were quashed by Capello and didn't happen. Apparently the mood in the camp is still 'excellent' despite Terry being shut down like that. According to our press that are actually there, he's taken it on the chin and getting on with it. It's just pointless politics that we don't need to hear about nor be reported. I don't even want to hear about England on non-England match days, unless something horrific has happened. But yet again, straight after the Spain match, we got a quick glance of the goals, then it was back to England gossip and subsequent panic and pressure. Pointless.

Even during the Spain game the commentators told us all the results of Spain's group games in the 1966 World Cup.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Evra - dropped.

Guest Gladstone

And France are a goal down. Jesus.

Guest Gladstone

Holy shit and now Gourcuff has been sent off! Why can't I be watching this??

Guest Gladstone

2-0. Looks as if France are in danger of getting a proper hiding. If Uruguay beat Mexico, South Africa might just get through.

2-0. Looks as if France are in danger of getting a proper hiding. If Uruguay beat Mexico, South Africa might just get through.

Aye - good riddance to them. Their performances on the park and behavior off it have been an utter disgrace and an embarrassment to the tournament.

Guest Gladstone

Can you tell I'm excited? Uruguay have just scored. South Africa are currently 2 goals from qualification (I think).

Evra - dropped.

Unbelievable. The France camp is an absolute circus. Domenech has got serious trust issues by dropping and/or sending home star players over their opinions. He's quitting anyway, so what example has he got left to set? At least go out with a bit of dignity. Play your best team and just have a go at them.

However, conflicting reports seem to suggest that the 'dropped' players actually refused to play. I guess we'll never know the truth behind that one.

Evra is still the king of football regardless. I just had a bit of a bicker with the guy at work who was suggesting that Gael Clichy was an equally good left back. I saw red. I could have probably thrown him through the window. Clown.