aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

if dull old sven wasnt in charge of the ivory coast i might fancy the africans tonight. drogba is going to start, should be an interesting game i hope.

blimey another big gun humbled to lesser opposition! even adrian durham had to agree the kiwis played magnificantly. lippi under as much pressure as capello...

and will these so called media expert stop looking to omens e.g. italy drew all three group games when they won the world cup in 1982.. beyong irritating, as ABC once said 'that was then but this is now'

In 2002 there was some excitement when lots of the big boys struggled and went out early, but we still ended up with two of the biggest teams in the final and worse two big teams that hadn't actually been playing great football.

It's good to see some shocks but I'd like the best footballing teams to play well and progress.

I'd be happy to see Brazil go out, unless Dunga suddenly has a complete change of footballing philosophy.

I'd love to see Drogba terrorise them and score a hat-trick. However I expect to be disappointed and see Brazil win fairly comfortably in the end with a couple of counter-attacking goals.

Spain will still be under a lot of pressure if they win tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to the Chile - Spain match, could be a cracker if Chile stick to their attacking way of play.

I've just remembered that I have Maicon and Cesar in my fantasy team so I'll have slightly divided loyalties tonight.

Dunga never ages. He looks like he did in 1994. He's probably got a Brazil shirt on under his tracksuit, ready to come on.

Salomen Kalou is genuinely the most happiest person alive. He was on Football Mundial once. All he cares about is playing football, feeding his fish and listening to hip hop. He claims his brothers are better at football then he is. His brothers agree.

Just had a 6-a-side game with the Jabulani. I reckon it's a pretty nifty ball. Lighter than usual and if you hit it with your laces it dips and swerves all over the place, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some of the pros have been making it out to be. I play in goals and I didn't find it too hard to deal with, but then again I wasn't playing against David Villa and Luis Fabiano.

Just had a 6-a-side game with the Jabulani. I reckon it's a pretty nifty ball. Lighter than usual and if you hit it with your laces it dips and swerves all over the place, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some of the pros have been making it out to be. I play in goals and I didn't find it too hard to deal with, but then again I wasn't playing against David Villa and Luis Fabiano.

Was it the replica though? The replica just has the same markings as the Jabulani but the same panels and build as a normal football. The actual thing is 2 panels moulded together with no stitching, which adds to how aero-dynamic it is. The actual one also costs about 80

Was it the replica though? The replica just has the same markings as the Jabulani but the same panels and build as a normal football. The actual thing is 2 panels moulded together with no stitching, which adds to how aero-dynamic it is. The actual one also costs about 80

I've no idea, actually. There were two of them, and one was a darker colour than the other. Maybe one of each?

The ref's gone and blown that one, never a second booking. It's going to be interesting to see what FIFA do about that one.

As far as I'm aware, if the referee has seen an incident, and made a decision on it, governing bodies can't reverse the decision, unless it's mistaken identity. The red certainly can't be lifted, but they might be able to throw the book at Keita. I thousand per cent doubt they will though. They didn't to Eduardo after there was clear as day video evidence that he is a shitty shit cheating bastard.

Despite setting up two of the goals? His sending off was ridiculous. His first yellow was ridiculous. Keita should get a ban.

Yes. Despite setting up two of the goals. I said that before he'd set up the second as well. He kept losing possession and generally looking very slow quite alot. He was poor in the first game too. His injury and lack of full games has made him appear quite unfit. He has two assists to his name, but it can't be argued he looks nowhere near the player he was at Milan. He used to be incredibly decisive and have very quick feet. He also used to be very fast and have incredible statistics when it came to pass completion and ball retention. He's looking a little porky, alot like a certain Ronaldo did in 2006

Yes. Despite setting up two of the goals. I said that before he'd set up the second as well. He kept losing possession and generally looking very slow quite alot. He was poor in the first game too. His injury and lack of full games has made him appear quite unfit. He has two assists to his name, but it can't be argued he looks nowhere near the player he was at Milan. He used to be incredibly decisive and have very quick feet. He also used to be very fast and have incredible statistics when it came to pass completion and ball retention. He's looking a little porky, alot like a certain Ronaldo did in 2006

Aye, he's by no means at the top of his game. However, he could dick about with his thumb up his ass all game if he wants if he's still going to set up 2/3rds of the teams goals in a game.

He'll pick it up a little i guess if he gets a good run in the Real Madrid team next season. He still has that edge of precision and vision about his passing and despite looking a touch on the lethargic side he still has a great deal of movement. Ultimately i'd rather have a slightly sub-par Kaka than any of the guff waddling around the England midfield at the moment.

Referee was a bit of a joke tonight. That scene of him asking Fabiano if it was a handball was ridiculous, if he had any doubts why didn't he at least ask his assistant for an opinion?

What I thought and feared might happen, did. Brazil won comfortably without being great. I hope an improved Spain dump them out in round 2.

North Korea to win tomorrow?

Looking forward to todays games. You know I think North Korea are more than capable of springing a suprise against the Portugese. I'm going for a draw.

As for Chile v Switzerland, that looks an intriguing tie. The Chileans will attack from the off; they'll be desperate for a win so they're not under pressure to get anything out of the Spain game. The Swiss will be on a high after raping Spain and we know they can defend like trojans. Another draw I think.

Spain are under real pressure to perform against Honduras, or at least get a win. Can't see anything but and reckon they might do it in style. 4-0 to Spain.

I think Spain will be more clinical today and against quite a weak Honduras side I could see it ending up 4 or 5 to 0. Of course that might all change if Spain don't score earlyish and start to get nervous.

Chile to beat Switzerland and I also think it's not impossible for North Korea to get something out of their game today. Portugal really didn't look like scoring at all against Ivory Coast so unless Ronaldo comes up with something special I could see it finishing 0-0.