aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

I don't rate Ribery too highly personally. Certainly not amongst the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, where he seems to be branded within the same bracket. Saying that, I bet he goes and smashes a goal in from 40 yards tonight just to make me look like a plank.

Hopefully Vela isn't out of the tournament. Bring on little Hernandez. Mexican Michael Owen.

I don't rate Ribery too highly personally. Certainly not amongst the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, where he seems to be branded within the same bracket. Saying that, I bet he goes and smashes a goal in from 40 yards tonight just to make me look like a plank.

Hopefully Vela isn't out of the tournament. Bring on little Hernandez. Mexican Michael Owen.

I agree thats why i referred to him as fine as opposed to outstanding. Good game again but lacking goals, a bit of a problem at the cup still. France are there for the taking I feel.

yeah do santos having a stormer, they're a handful the mexicans just letting themselves down in the final third. the french really look out of sorts but its no wonder with that madman domenach at the helm.

Roy Hodgson - been given the prestigious 'Hansen Chair' respect! good intelligent punditry. Shearer is hopeless, he really is.

Guest Gladstone
I can't watch. 16/1 odds!

Oocha fucker. As much as I want to see another 8 goals, I'll settle for 2-0 just so your bet comes good. I'm that fucking selfless.

Guest Gladstone

Enlighten me - if teams are on equal points after 3 matches does it go to a head to head first, then goal difference?

It's getting really interesting. I haven't seen all the games, over the last day, but by the looks of it, the last 4 games have all been pretty good, plus the Spain shock before that. The World Cup has finally got fucking going.

I actually really want England to win (I thankfully couldn't hear much of the commentary against USA due to being in a noisy environment... so they haven't pissed me off too much yet!), but just can't see them doing much - they were totally pish against USA. That said it was a massive gaffe by the keeper that fucked it for them. Algeria won't have too much to offer, nor will Slovenia to be honest. England will probably still win their group but Ghana will most likely piss all over them.

For the World Cup tournament, FIFA uses the following criteria to rank teams in the Group Stage.[71]

1. greatest number of points in all group matches;

2. goal difference in all group matches;

3. greatest number of goals scored in all group matches;

4. greatest number of points in matches between tied teams;

5. goal difference in matches between tied teams;

6. greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams;

7. drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.