aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

ITV up the ante again. Chris Coleman is about as interesting as a book that's been glued shut.

agreed another poor choice of co-commentator for the hapless commercial broadcaster. why don't they just hold up their hands and admit they're shit at covering football and hand duties over to the BBC?

Kaka looks really off the boil, and he has done all season at Real Madrid, where he's been in and out with injury. He looks slow and clumsy, compared to his Milan days when his feet used to be lightening quick. Not just sprinting, but the way he sprayed the ball around.

Loving all the lollipop sticks and backheels though. The World Cup has begun!!

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Fabiano is a beast.

Kaka looks really off the boil, and he has done all season at Real Madrid, where he's been in and out with injury. He looks slow and clumsy, compared to his Milan days when his feet used to be lightening quick. Not just sprinting, but the way he sprayed the ball around.

You'd almost think Jesus doesn't love him anymore :-(

well they are just his opinions....and the man is a living legend

Newcastle fan aye?

His opinions are rubbish :p

I think some people are going over the top about how "bad" the world cup has been. Sure we haven't had a true classic encounter yet and goals have been a bit sparse but it is hardly as if every game is the worst football match ever.

South Africa v Mexico, Argentina v Nigeria, Germany v Australia, England v USA, Brazil v North Korea and South Korea v Greece have all either had good quality football or been good contests.

After the first 10 days 2006 was hailed as the best world cup ever as goals were flying in but then they dried up in the knock out stages. It's very possible this world cup could do the reverse. Anyway I think teams will open up a bit more and score more in their second games.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to see a good showing from Chile, Spain show why they are favourites and South Africa and Uruguay to go all out for a win after decent draws in their first games.

Honduras 0-2 Chile

Spain 3-0 Switzerland

South Africa 2-1 Uruguay

• Upvote 1

I agree, the people I've spoken to have talked about it being the worst set of games they've seen so far, but I've enjoyed it so far. It's as if everyone judges how good a game is by the amount of goals that are scored.

Wish I saw the Brazil/North Korea game, but I was working. Apparently their main man, Jong Tae-Se, cried when he was singing the national anthem? What a hero.

I was listening to talksport and they were bombarded with correspondence on how awful it had been, talk about an overreaction, the tournament isnt even a week old yet! crikey some teams havent even played! true it would be nice to see more goals and there has been more dull games than good ones so far but there's an awful long way to go! honestly the modern football supporter is so fecking demanding!

really enjoyed tonight's game, Brazil showed some nice touches and fair play to North Korea - they could well cause Ivory Coast and Portugal some problems. It usually doesnt start getting exciting till the last set of group games anyway.

Newcastle fan aye?

His opinions are rubbish :p

I think some people are going over the top about how "bad" the world cup has been. Sure we haven't had a true classic encounter yet and goals have been a bit sparse but it is hardly as if every game is the worst football match ever.

South Africa v Mexico, Argentina v Nigeria, Germany v Australia, England v USA, Brazil v North Korea and South Korea v Greece have all either had good quality football or been good contests.

After the first 10 days 2006 was hailed as the best world cup ever as goals were flying in but then they dried up in the knock out stages. It's very possible this world cup could do the reverse. Anyway I think teams will open up a bit more and score more in their second games.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to see a good showing from Chile, Spain show why they are favourites and South Africa and Uruguay to go all out for a win after decent draws in their first games.

Honduras 0-2 Chile

Spain 3-0 Switzerland

South Africa 2-1 Uruguay

i agree, itsnto been that bad, i enjoyed the kiwis game, wasnt the best football but i was rooting for them so much (probably not the best word to use), once its starts to get going expect to see a bit more urgency. and yes i am a Newcastle fan, and you are entitled to your opinions! i think hes just as good as most other pundits and as for his limited vocabulary. Have a drink every time Mccarthy says "believe me"

I've enjoyed the World Cup but that has more to do with getting to watch three games of football a day. The quality hasn't always been there and the pundits mentioned on TV before the Brazil game that we are 10 goals behind the tally at this point in Germany. A lot of the teams are too concerned about losing rather than going out and winning games. There seems to be a lot in the way of tactics about keeping it tight and nicking a goal.

I'd have a rule that if a team doesn't score in a game they all get punished by having hedgehogs pushed up their arses. Goals, goals, goals!!

I'd have a rule that if a team doesn't score in a game they all get punished by having hedgehogs pushed up their arses. Goals, goals, goals!!

Interestingly, this rule has already been put in place by Kim Jong Il, which explains why Jong Tae-Se was crying during the national anthem - It's a lot of responsibility for a lone striker. Thankfully he had a word with Lucio who spoke to the boys and agreed to let them through in the last 5 minutes.....