aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

I was celebrating the first time a Hull City player has played in a World Cup even if it was Richard Garcia. I thought Aussies were unlucky really, Germany were excellent but Cahill's sending off was harsh and thought they played ok until then

The Jarmans were very good going forward, but I think a good side might exploit their defensive frailties. Their zonal marking during corners looked ropey. Australia were very poor though, so couldn't really take advantage.

Lahm's delivery was incredible, and Ozil's intelligence all over the pitch is what will probably set them aside from other teams. I hope they do better than France, but still fail somewhere.

Sloppy lunge from Cahill, but it was no way a red. However, Lucas Neill should have walked for kicking Klose right in the back in mid-air. There was a pinch of revenge in that one for that mid-air challenge in the first half. Still inexcusable.

I just caught a bit of the james corden programme and it was terrible, that sort of format is stuck in the 90's. he's a cock, he wasnt even by far the best character in gavin and stacey... he just seems to be everywhere, fuck he's even number one!

I thought the sending off was a little harsh but on the post match replays it showed it was a tackle from behind and could have seriously injured ze german. refs must have been told to clamp down and tough tackling. in any case the germans were well on top and apart from that aussie chance right at the start they looked poor.

in any case the germans were well on top and apart from that aussie chance right at the start they looked poor.

yep, the Aussies were poor. As my mate said in an inspired bit of 90's pop reference, they looked like they couldn't give a xxxx.

Eyeties tomorrow. Reckon they'll be useless although I know nothing about the opposition.

yep, the Aussies were poor. As my mate said in an inspired bit of 90's pop reference, they looked like they couldn't give a xxxx.

Eyeties tomorrow. Reckon they'll be useless although I know nothing about the opposition.

well paraguay have rogue santa cruz playing for them so they wont be no mugs. had to laugh that australia playing 34 year old without a club veteran craig moore. fucking hell is he the best defensive option they have? i tell you one thing, if england do make it out the group they're gonna have a tough second round game!

He was one of their better players too. What happened to that plucky team of try hards who almost beat Italy? Germany were awesome but time and again they got in behind due to slow defending. The difference in fitness levels was something else.

I forgot Crocky Santa cruz was Paraguayan. I've always liked him. Hasn't found his fitness since he's moved to citeh but in the air in front of goal there's noone better. He's the best kris Boyd in the world cup. It looks as if headers will be the way fwd coz long range shots have been ballooning something rotten. I know it's a well worn record now but it must be the ball.

don't get it. translates as "they come to the fatherland"?

Ooooooooh la deeee daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sorry, i don't speak fluent German so i may be a little rusty in terms of being grammatically correct. I was just excited.

This may be closer on full thought:

Gekommen auf das Vaterland!!!!

Now piss off back to the mardy bum stable.

Ooooooooh la deeee daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sorry, i don't speak fluent German so i may be a little rusty in terms of being grammatically correct. I was just excited.

This may be closer on full thought:

Gekommen auf das Vaterland!!!!

Now piss off back to the mardy bum stable.

:D

well if you're gonna pretend to be german at least make some sense. sheesh.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Is Scott Mcdonald just not selected for Australia? Was quite surprised to not see him yesterday. Cahill, Kewell and Kennedy are all better than him I guess but give him the ball in the box and he'll score. Saying that I've seen no footage of him since he left Celtic so he's maybe been shite for Boro.

Most of my WC viewing has been blurred by alcohol so far due to a stag weekend, but assessment so far:

England were shite. I really expected them to beat USA comfortably. They just didn't look to have much to offer. Wright-Phillips is just a waste of a shirt. Can't believe he's anywhere near that squad. Lennon is decent but his final ball is often lacking. It was unfortunate that the one he got right fell for Heskey. After the bright start England thought they'd won the game and forgot to keep trying for the next 85 minutes - it should have been a doing after the early goal. Green - you're pretty much finished after that one. In fact Beckham has probably just about finished stamping on his face now. That was an angry man.

Argies looked fairly bright although I only saw the second half and the first half must have been amazing the way the pundits were talking cos the second half was a big dull.

France are a spent force and the manager has no idea.

Ghana look pretty good, but frail defensively - Germany could put a few past them.

Serbia looked shit compared to what I expected. A lot of chat of them having a good qualifying campaign etc but it was against France who are balls.

Germany looked fucking ace. By far the best so far and played actual football with a real cutting edge. Okay. Australia were quite weak and down to 10 men, but some of the play was just superb and they stuck it in the back of the net. They do need to try to pass to Klose's head all the time instead of his feet though...

The Cahill sending off was a farce. He got pushed into the tackle which he tried to pull out of. It wasn't a lunge, and there was no malice at all. There were worse tackles in the game than that one.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Is Scott Mcdonald just not selected for Australia? Was quite surprised to not see him yesterday. Cahill, Kewell and Kennedy are all better than him I guess but give him the ball in the box and he'll score. Saying that I've seen no footage of him since he left Celtic so he's maybe been shite for Boro.

Most of my WC viewing has been blurred by alcohol so far due to a stag weekend, but assessment so far:

England were shite. I really expected them to beat USA comfortably. They just didn't look to have much to offer. Wright-Phillips is just a waste of a shirt. Can't believe he's anywhere near that squad. Lennon is decent but his final ball is often lacking. It was unfortunate that the one he got right fell for Heskey. After the bright start England thought they'd won the game and forgot to keep trying for the next 85 minutes - it should have been a doing after the early goal. Green - you're pretty much finished after that one. In fact Beckham has probably just about finished stamping on his face now. That was an angry man.

Argies looked fairly bright although I only saw the second half and the first half must have been amazing the way the pundits were talking cos the second half was a big dull.

France are a spent force and the manager has no idea.

Ghana look pretty good, but frail defensively - Germany could put a few past them.

Serbia looked shit compared to what I expected. A lot of chat of them having a good qualifying campaign etc but it was against France who are balls.

Germany looked fucking ace. By far the best so far and played actual football with a real cutting edge. Okay. Australia were quite weak and down to 10 men, but some of the play was just superb and they stuck it in the back of the net. They do need to try to pass to Klose's head all the time instead of his feet though...

The Cahill sending off was a farce. He got pushed into the tackle which he tried to pull out of. It wasn't a lunge, and there was no malice at all. There were worse tackles in the game than that one.

Despite Scott McDonald having 16 Caps, he still has 0 goals for Australia. His form doesn't extend to Internationals and i guess Verbeek has no confidence in him.

We've got the Holland game on the radio at work. It's one of the few group games I would have really liked to have watched. Saying that, I thought France/Uruquay and Serbia/Ghana were going to be good, and I was wrong.

Fuck the groups. Can't wait for the next round. Penalty Shootouts!