aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

I've also got Denmark and Mexico to make some waves. Quarter Finals at least for the pair of them, possible semis for Denmark. Brazil and Argentina don't get past round 2 because I've decided I hate them and everything they stand for. The final ended up being Netherlands v Spain with a fine Dutch victory to bring them the unified title of Official and Unofficial World Champions of Football.

Then I got off the bus.

i did one of those and got semi finals of brazil v england, spain v argentina. think the south americans will triumph because europeans notoriously don't do so well outside of europe... though argentina with diego in charge might self-destruct!

Ivory Coast look the best of the Africans but they been drawn a terrible group to try and negotiate their way out of and with Sven in charge and Drogba injured for their crucial opener against Portugal will disappointingly get dumped out in the group stage.

Bed-wettingly excited about it now!

I think Mexico will do alright. They've played heaps of friendlies, and they just look like a team compared to alot of countries who are in the World Cup. Very familiar with each other, and seem pretty confident in possession.

I think Serbia will do well too. Vidic is a brick wall. Krasic has got mad skills and great delivery from outwide, and Zigic is about 11feet tall. Cross it to him, and it's raining goals. They are all built like tanks, so will be a handful from set pieces. Stankovic could put a football through bomb shelter with both feet from open play or a free kick. Danger!

i been writing a world cup preview and concluded it will be a brazil v argentina final with mexico and denmark suprise packages and both making the quarters, france to squeeze through their group and get dumped in the second round and england to make the semis only to be shat on by brazil...

so now you know not what to put your money on betting wise!

I concur fully.

Particularly with Denmark, been planning a putting a bit of cash on the getting to the quarters. I think they're going to be one of the biggest surprises; strong team and great qualifying campaign. They are also the team who will be blessed with my support in the competition which will undoubtedly give them a boost.

yeah I'd go with Mexico 3 South Africa 1 think France Uruguay will be a 1-1 draw. Expect Hansen to be driven mental with some erm enthusiastic Uruguayan tackling!

Gonna miss the opening game due to the inconvenience of having a job interview in Cambridge this afternoon! Honestly the inconsidoration of some people!!!! Don't they know there's a bloody world cup on! Should be home for the France match, no better way of spending a Friday evening than chuckling at the French!