aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

Some good players in there, a shame for them all. I did expect Walcott to get in, definitely not as a starter but he can bring a lot to the table as a sub. Also, Parker should have been in the squad, fuck Gareth Barry.

...not that I care, remember.

The 23 is getting finalised today. Reports have it that Walcott, Bent and Adam Johnson have been axed already.

It seems to be a strong rumour that Walcott has been dropped because Capello wants an 'English Spirit', and Walcott plays for the least English team in the league.

If Theo and AJ have been axed, then must mean that SWP is going. There's no way he is as good as Johnson. It's all rubbish. We're still going to win it though. Just not as convincingly as we hoped.

Cannot believe that SWP and Heskey are in instead of Walcott and Bent. Capello seems to be anti-goals.

I think that Fabio has picked his strikers based on how well they play with Rooney. Bent and Rooney have admittedly only played together a couple of times, but they've never looked like a particularly convincing combo, whereas Rooney usually plays well alongside Heskey (as dogshit as Emile can be sometimes) and Crouch.

Walcott and SWP are much of a muchness.

So it's definitely an injury prone King over Dawson who played a million games back to back last season? I think King is better than Dawson, but keeping Upson? Rio probably won't play every game because of a dodgy back, groin, calf, neck and hamstring. Terry will probably get banned for trying to shag the referee, so chances are Upson will have to play at somepoint, and he's cack. Dawson is massive, with a massive head, and loves to head the ball. Did Capello even compare their head sizes? I'd like to know where this 6million per year salary is going.

Luckily, SWP can also play right back, for when Glen Johnson switches the formation to 3-4-3 on his own accord. I wouldn't want SWP at right back, but I'd rather we played an inflatable sex doll at right back over Glen Johnson.

We're still gonna win it though. Argies in the final, Heskey hat trick.

• Upvote 1

So it's definitely an injury prone King over Dawson who played a million games back to back last season? I think King is better than Dawson, but keeping Upson? Rio probably won't play every game because of a dodgy back, groin, calf, neck and hamstring. Terry will probably get banned for trying to shag the referee, so chances are Upson will have to play at somepoint, and he's cack. Dawson is massive, with a massive head, and loves to head the ball. Did Capello even compare their head sizes? I'd like to know where this 6million per year salary is going.

Luckily, SWP can also play right back, for when Glen Johnson switches the formation to 3-4-3 on his own accord. I wouldn't want SWP at right back, but I'd rather we played an inflatable sex doll at right back over Glen Johnson.

We're still gonna win it though. Argies in the final, Heskey hat trick.

that message was going so swimmingly well until the mention of a Heskey hat-trick :up:

Ronney plays and scores perfectly well without the aid of donkey Emile at club level so how comes at international level Wayne needs a bum chum to feed off??? but the record speaks for itself - 9 goals in the last 10 internationals rooney has played with heskey, 2 in 10 for rooney without heskey. it's why fabio c has opted to take heskey who everyone knows is not even good enough for the premier league let alone the world cup but has forged a rather useful partnership with Rooney through being a nuisance and falling over and making himself big.

Crouch is in for the goals england need against slovenia and algeria as they're the sort of teams he usually scores against....

I feel really sorry for Darren Bent for some reason. He seems like an alright guy and he's had a good season. It must hurt to loose out to to Emile Heskey and Jermaine Defoe. I would say Defoe is the better player but in terms of goals, Bent has certainly trumped him this season. He's also done this at a far lesser club where he doesn't get the same kind of chances, although they have been plentiful I suppose and he's missed plenty of sitters. Still, he has been scoring all the same.

Despite the Heskey-Ronney goal talley, I think Heskey's inclusion will be a big mistake on Capello's part at the world cup. Crouch will be the man though, I certainly agree with that contention.

Still, who really cares.

Jup, the squaaaad appears to be:

Traffic Cone x 3

Upson Terry (King/Dawson) Ferdinand Warnock Carragher A Cole G Johnson

Carrick Wright-Philips Gerrard Lampard Barry Milner J Cole Lennon

Rooney Crouch Heskey Defoe

As far as England's chances go, I think they have a few truly world class players in their team, the kind of players you need to win a world cup. But if the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc. start picking up injuries or suspension I don't think they have good enough players on the sidelines who can come in and still win them it. SWP, Upson, Warnock, Johnson, Milner, Lennon etc may be very good players, but they aren't worldbeaters, the kind of players who win world cups. If they can keep their best X1 fit, especially the handful of "World class" players, then they are in with a shout, but if they lose some of the stars and start relying on their subs then I don't think they will. I'm not fully convinced by that strike force either.

Ever heard of the Unofficial Football World Championship? I hadn't until today but I like the concept of it. It treats international football like a boxing title so whoever beats the reigning champion gets the belt. At the moment The Netherlands are Champions, while Scotland boast the all time top ranking having won 86 title matches since the inception of international football in 1872.

Read about it: Unofficial Football World Championships

I feel really sorry for Darren Bent for some reason. He seems like an alright guy and he's had a good season. It must hurt to loose out to to Emile Heskey and Jermaine Defoe. I would say Defoe is the better player but in terms of goals, Bent has certainly trumped him this season. He's also done this at a far lesser club where he doesn't get the same kind of chances, although they have been plentiful I suppose and he's missed plenty of sitters. Still, he has been scoring all the same.

Despite the Heskey-Ronney goal talley, I think Heskey's inclusion will be a big mistake on Capello's part at the world cup. Crouch will be the man though, I certainly agree with that contention.

Still, who really cares.

Rooney scores less with other partners because he plays the role-in-the-hole behind the striker, where he also only scored few goals for United. It wasn't until he was shifted to the top of the attack he hit his goalscoring form. Needs to be 4-5-1, or at least 4-4-2 with Gerrard in the hole, if our TALISMAN is to really be the focal point.

David James is #1

Their squad numbers have actually been put in a backwards order of ability, with Joe Hart at 23, and Rob Green at 12.

Hart should have been the number 1. Rob Green can stay at 12, and David James could have worn the first ever number 8000 shirt.

David James can save the ball blindfolded though...:up: