aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

Was Joe Cole injured? I thought he would have been a better option than bringing on SWP and a better option to start than Milner.

Was impressed with USA though. They kept possession well and make the right passes. If they had a decent striker then they could be a damn good side.

Get Joe Hart in, couldnt give a shit about his lack of international experience. algeria are hardly world beaters! Green has to go, its just unforgivable a mistake like that but there's a lot of flaws in the england squad and they were exposed by a well organized american side.

England have a lot of problems at the back. Carragher really shouldn't be there, him and Terry look very vulnerable.

And once again we saw that playing Lampard and Gerrard together in the centre of a 4 man midfield just doesn't work.

Heskey showed for the goal why Capello likes him, but he showed later by missing that easy chance just why he shouldn't be there. What he adds doesn't nearly make up for his failures.

I think Capello should play a 4-3-3, giving Lampard and Gerrard the help of a sitting midfielder and two wide men up front who can drop back to make five in midfield if required.

Of course Capello wont do this though.

Anyway on the basis of this awful match on just now, England will have no problems qualifying for the next round.

England really dont look like on the same level as say the argies who are about the same price. i know its only one game but england have been poor during the run up to the tournament. there's just so many weaknesses its scary. I'm fed up with people defending Heskey and coming out with crap like Rooney plays better with him, he holds the ball up well etc. fucking hell the man isnt even good enough for the premier league let alone a world cup! granted he played ok last night but fluffed that chance, the useless donkey.

maybe not taking theo walcott was a bad idea, i know he's been disappointing and injury prone last season but he might have performed on the big stage. how many more chances will shaun wright-phillips get to disappoint?

thankfully for england they have two poor nations to play against, theyre usually slow starters in tournaments. had they got a group of death then they might well be going home before the knockout round.

Watching this I really can't believe that these sides beat Egypt and Russia, who are both quality teams, to make it to the world cup.

tis a funny old game! a better encounter between ghana and serbia so far... who in gods name employed chris coleman as a co-commentator.... poor showing once more ITV!

Is it just me or is itv's audio a lot worse too? I know it's noisy inside the stadium but chris coleman sounds like he's phoning in his commentary.

same here and the picture isn't isnt as crisp as usual, might be out the shite network's hands that but i like to have a go at them whenever possible lol!

serbia v ghana is another game thats beneath Adrian Chiles. and only 2 pundits instead of the usual 3... must be cutting back to pay Chiles ridiculously massive contract.

I'm sure Marcel Desially used to pundit for the beeb, could be wrong.

It was terrifying wasn't it? I never knew D-Beck was capable of such rage. He has always been a loveable babyfaced simpleton, and his emotions have always been limited. Then, out of nowhere, hatred. Unadulterated D-Beck disdain. Green must have shat his goalie gloves.

I wish he was playing. Lennon and Wroyt-Phiwwips can sprint, but Becks can deliver, even at his ripened age. He can pinpoint the ball onto the head of a striker like a game of dot-to-dot. His right foot has SatNav, and the ball takes the THROUGH ROUTE!

You have reached your destination. Goal Junction.

It was terrifying wasn't it? I never knew D-Beck was capable of such rage. He has always been a loveable babyfaced simpleton, and his emotions have always been limited. Then, out of nowhere, hatred. Unadulterated D-Beck disdain. Green must have shat his goalie gloves.

I wish he was playing. Lennon and Wroyt-Phiwwips can sprint, but Becks can deliver, even at his ripened age. He can pinpoint the ball onto the head of a striker like a game of dot-to-dot. His right foot has SatNav, and the ball takes the THROUGH ROUTE!

You have reached your destination. Goal Junction.

Totally agree, I always said he should be playing when he's fit. His crossing ability far out weighs the skill of Wright Phillips and Lennon.

On an unrelated note, Govou for France. What the fuck does he actually do and why does he not get subbed most of the time. He just seems to make up the numbers and they keep Henry on the bench. Granted he is getting on a bit but he is a much better player than that Govou boy.

Govou is terrible, and absolutely daft to employ when Henry and even Malouda were on the bench. Malouda has probably had one of the best seasons out of all of Frances attacking players. He needs to play. Domenech is mental though. The only good he has done is making Evra captain. Evra is God.

Germany by far the most impressive team so far. Every single attack comes to something positive even if it's just a throw in. Klose is a world cup machine.

On an unrelated note, I've had just about all I can take with James corden. It's like he's the face of the world cup and I for one want to repeatedly pound that face.