aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Brazil match tonight. This team isn't full of gunslingers and isn't well equipped for breaking down a solid defensive wall of 10 men. Evidence of that lies in the 0-0 draws they ended up with when Bolivia, Venezuela, Colombia and Argentina came to Brazil during the qualifying campaign. Each of those sides (with the possible exception of Argentina) played with the sole aim of stifling Brazil's attack and succeeded.

They'll still win 2-0.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Brazil match tonight. This team isn't full of gunslingers and isn't well equipped for breaking down a solid defensive wall of 10 men. Evidence of that lies in the 0-0 draws they ended up with when Bolivia, Venezuela, Colombia and Argentina came to Brazil during the qualifying campaign. Each of those sides (with the possible exception of Argentina) played with the sole aim of stifling Brazil's attack and succeeded.

They'll still win 2-0.

I do agree with you but I just love watching the Brazilians even when they cheat and dive. The tournament needs a bit of flair I think, its been way too cagey so far. North Korea will put 50 in defence so that will undoubtedly frustrate Brazil. 2-0 to Brazil a good call on the result.

Just heard Drogba is playing this afternoon with an arm cast which is good. Should be an interesting game that, will they play for the draw or go for a win?

I do agree with you but I just love watching the Brazilians even when they cheat and dive. The tournament needs a bit of flair I think, its been way too cagey so far. North Korea will put 50 in defence so that will undoubtedly frustrate Brazil. 2-0 to Brazil a good call on the result.

Just heard Drogba is playing this afternoon with an arm cast which is good. Should be an interesting game that, will they play for the draw or go for a win?

I hope Drogba goes up for headers arms up in an homage to Alan Shearer and batters some Portugese noses. I've got higher expectations of there being some good play in this one anyway, two teams capable of attacking - let's hope they go for it.

You can just see Drogba getting injured with the way he plays.

Listening to Talksport and the ever controversial Adrian Durham (well he thinks he is but in reality is simply a twat) has recorded a long spiel about how New Zealand shouldnt be at the world cup. What a knob!

Evening kick off for Brazil, where it drops to about 5 degrees. That's Robinho out of the game. He hates winter. Great form when the sun is out though, like a solar panel.

Kaka has had a lacklustre season given his huge pricetag, and there's no width in the team. I'd have taken Ronaldinho, for a bit of creativity and outwide. Pato not going is daft. He probably wouldn't make the squad ahead of Fabiano, but he's the next best option of Fabiano just isn't working, or if he gets injured. Good defence though. That may win them games alone. Lucio can get a bit cocky though, and he could pay for it if he tries any more cruyff turns in his own third again. Maniac.

Listening to Talksport and the ever controversial Adrian Durham (well he thinks he is but in reality is simply a twat) has recorded a long spiel about how New Zealand shouldnt be at the world cup. What a knob!

This knobend is the reason I stopped listening to Talksport. Complete and utter bell. Should be taken out in a field and beaten to death with golf shoes.

Fair play to New Zealand for qualifying.

This knobend is the reason I stopped listening to Talksport. Complete and utter bell. Should be taken out in a field and beaten to death with golf shoes.

Fair play to New Zealand for qualifying.

Me too, only started tuning in again for the world cup - same old talksport hamming up England as if they're world beaters.... but that rant means I shall listen to be listening to five live more. Durham is always like that desperately trying to be controversial, I bet he wouldnt have been complaining about New Zealand being in the tournament if England had to play them!

Evening kick off for Brazil, where it drops to about 5 degrees. That's Robinho out of the game. He hates winter. Great form when the sun is out though, like a solar panel.

Kaka has had a lacklustre season given his huge pricetag, and there's no width in the team. I'd have taken Ronaldinho, for a bit of creativity and outwide. Pato not going is daft. He probably wouldn't make the squad ahead of Fabiano, but he's the next best option of Fabiano just isn't working, or if he gets injured. Good defence though. That may win them games alone. Lucio can get a bit cocky though, and he could pay for it if he tries any more cruyff turns in his own third again. Maniac.

I fancied Brazil to win the thing but on reading that having second thoughts now!

If you are not already, you should listen to the world cup daily podcasts from the guardian. James Richardson is the best ever.

Yeah, was in Berlin over the weekend but downloaded them all yesterday, listened to a few and hope to have caught up by this evening! The preview podcast was hilarious, 'I don't want England to win, what sort of example would that set to the rest of the world?'.

That reminds me of the other thing that increased my enjoyment of the Italy v Paraguay game last night: Mick McCarthy. I think he's doing an excellent job as a co-commentator for the BBC, unlike a lot of folks in his position he actually gives the impression that he's put some thought into his comments on the match before they exit his mouth. I hope he ends up doing more of the matches I get to watch.

That reminds me of the other thing that increased my enjoyment of the Italy v Paraguay game last night: Mick McCarthy. I think he's doing an excellent job as a co-commentator for the BBC, unlike a lot of folks in his position he actually gives the impression that he's put some thought into his comments on the match before they exit his mouth. I hope he ends up doing more of the matches I get to watch.

yeah I agree his co-commentating has been superb. as usual the bbc are pissing all over ITv from a great height when it comes to coverage. And I like the way that the likes of Hansen and Linekar don't think they're beneath covering a lower profile game such as this New Zealand v Slovakia game unlike Adrian Chiles whose no-where to be seen when the so called lesser teams are playing... granted its probably not up to the individual presenters to be fair!

Martin Keown is a bit rubbish mind...

Not able to watch either this time round but BBC are always miles ahead of ITV, just better quality all round.

It seems like some of my favourite pundits from the last one aren't doing it this time. i.e. Leonardo, O'Neil, Strachan

And why does Alan Shearer seem to be given more and more profile with every year?

Just reading some of his opinions on the beeb website he has pissed me off more than anyone else.

Listening to the games on the radio at work, I just can't stand Chris Waddle as a co-com. I think he's too judgemental and not analytical enough. He just moans instead of analyzing, which is entertaining from the likes of Lawro and Platt, but Waddle just hasn't earned it yet.

Shearer has a very one dimensional vocabulary. He'll usually pick his favourite adjective, and run with it for at least half a season. It's quite endearing actually.

Is Mark Bright doing any co-commentary this time?

He is always awful.

yeah they gave him the Algeria v Slovenia game, bugger missed the Slovakia goal as I was typing! Have tuned into Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave's alternative commentary, its pretty fucking rank!

A GOAL! YAY

Who the hell is comedy Dave? Just from his name I know he is not funny.

He's been Moyles sidekick for years, its pretty shit this alternative commentary, they keep playing old style radio 1 style sung jingles which are not funny plain irritating.... going back to the pro's!