aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

Yay to football! The World Cup has really come to life today, and I'm dead chuffed that those cheating paedos have just had a right doing. France were horrible, desire or hunger. It's amazing to think about all the supposed world class players on the pitch who just didn't seem to care that they were 2-0 down.

Enlighten me - if teams are on equal points after 3 matches does it go to a head to head first, then goal difference?

It's getting really interesting. I haven't seen all the games, over the last day, but by the looks of it, the last 4 games have all been pretty good, plus the Spain shock before that. The World Cup has finally got fucking going.

I actually really want England to win (I thankfully couldn't hear much of the commentary against USA due to being in a noisy environment... so they haven't pissed me off too much yet!), but just can't see them doing much - they were totally pish against USA. That said it was a massive gaffe by the keeper that fucked it for them. Algeria won't have too much to offer, nor will Slovenia to be honest. England will probably still win their group but Ghana will most likely piss all over them.

I wouldn't rule out a Slovenia performance just yet. They are resilient and have good players. There'll be no pressure on Slovenia against England, and if results don't go Englands way, then all the pressure will be on England to perform. I think they are capable of pulling something out when it matters most, and with 3 points already, they are doing alright.

I think we'll be better against Algeria. The biggest difference will be Barry. I don't rate him that highly, but he brings balance and command to the midfield. The midfield doesn't work when Gerrard and Lampard always have to compromise who goes forward and who anchors, and the whole thing was just a muddle. Neither should be held back, and I think Barry will give them that freedom, despite Gerrard utilising the left, he'll be cutting inside alot, and probably playing off the strikers, which is his best position. Neither are defensively minded players.

My only concern is who is going to partner Terry and also Rooney. I personally hope it's Dawson and Crouch, but I fear I'll be wrong.

Yay to football! The World Cup has really come to life today, and I'm dead chuffed that those cheating paedos have just had a right doing. France were horrible, desire or hunger. It's amazing to think about all the supposed world class players on the pitch who just didn't seem to care that they were 2-0 down.

Did you see Henry and Cisse having a laugh and a joke on the sidelines whilst it was 2-0? Disgraceful. I hope Henry never plays football again. Ribery gave up on so many occasions. The only French players who really looked like they cared were Lloris, Evra and Diaby, and even Evra gave up quickly on the run that led to the penalty. I can forgive him though, I'm sure.

It's okay Pat. I don't mind if you don't perform for France, because I think they are toss anyway.

Did you see Henry and Cisse having a laugh and a joke on the sidelines whilst it was 2-0? Disgraceful. I hope Henry never plays football again. Ribery gave up on so many occasions. The only French players who really looked like they cared were Lloris, Evra and Diaby, and even Evra gave up quickly on the run that led to the penalty. I can forgive him though, I'm sure.

It's okay Pat. I don't mind if you don't perform for France, because I think they are toss anyway.

The only French players who seemed to be trying were Ribery and Malouda. It was a joke to see the nonchalent attitude of the coach and the players on the bench throughout the match... Evra was horrible for 90 minutes, especially since he was captain. He wasn't leading by example or bollocking his team, so why is he captain?

I thought Ribery was awful. So many times he ran for the ball, and just gave up. Or he'd lose posession and just stand there. Evra seemed good at coming forward, but was terrible defensively. The French supporters apparently hate him, because he can't replicate club form for his country, and revolted against the decision to make him captain. Pretty great, that.

Forgot about Malouda. He's a good lad.

Guest Gladstone

If Scotland were at this World Cup, we'd win it hands down. We've got Gary fucking Caldwell at the back.

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix.

Guest Gladstone
We could even ask Jackie Mac to come back.

I hope you're not dissing Jackie Mac?

Okay he was pish for Aberdeen, but he's one of my Celtic heroes...

Remember his goal against Liverpool? And he was the master of the reverse pass. Fucking great player in his day.

(I don't mean "great" as in Cruyff great, I mean great as in Pele / Maradonna great, or Darren Mackie great if you will)

I'm beginning to get a bit nervous regarding England. Capello isn't quite the six million quid a year saviour of english international football we thought he was. However, Capello is a man capable of getting results and there's certainly not the kind of lack of togetherness in the england camp that there is in the french. I dont even think i've seen england at their worst play with so little care of passion.

Henry is an embarrassment, the sooner he fucks off the MLS the better.

Guest Gladstone
I'm beginning to get a bit nervous regarding England. Capello isn't quite the six million quid a year saviour of english international football we thought he was. However, Capello is a man capable of getting results and there's certainly not the kind of lack of togetherness in the england camp that there is in the french. I dont even think i've seen england at their worst play with so little care of passion.

Henry is an embarrassment, the sooner he fucks off the MLS the better.

England are only one game in. I'll judge them after they've played Algeria. The only teams who played well in their first games (out of the big guns) were Germany and Argentina really.

Favourites Spain got beat by fucking Switzerland.

France were just gash for both their first games.

Holland were not bad, I suppose.

Brazil looked decent actually, but were pegged back a bit by North Korea in the end. I really hope North Korea get through - quite fancy seeing more of them in this tournament.

Italy were, well Italy I suppose.

But I did think England just looked like the same old England. All talk and then just totally flat when it comes to it. Those players should be capable of zipping the ball about, playing a bit of football, but they never ever seem to have any width, and at the same time, not just an awful lot going through the middle. They need a guy like Alonso (for example) sitting in, dictating the moves. I haven't seen just an awful lot of Barry but it sounds like he's that man. Guys like that are so important to the flow of a team. I would drop Lampard to the bench. Impact sub. Gerrard is better than him, and both their best position is the same. Play Crouch up top with Rooney. Do not, under any circumstances play Shaun Wrong-Phillips. Joe Cole has to play as well. He's England's most talented player, and can pick open any defence on his day.

Or you could play 4 centre midfielders like the good old days.

After ca_gere's handsome betting win, I've decided I want to start putting wee bets on. I akways say: "I'd bet a fiver this happens" and then it does. What is the best site for said betting? Bet365? I like Ray Wilkins' beard.

For some reason I agree with that Jabba-a-like Danny Baker, I think France could still go through. The players are obviously very disillusioned with the current set up under Domenech as he is an idiot, but if they just rally together and really go for it against South Africa - avoiding Domenech's ill-advised tactics - they are certainly capable of beating South Africa convincingly. I also think Uruguay will beat Mexico as Diego Forlan is the God of football.

I'm probably not displaying any betting credentials here... maybe i shouldn't bet.

Guest Gladstone
After ca_gere's handsome betting win, I've decided I want to start putting wee bets on. I akways say: "I'd bet a fiver this happens" and then it does. What is the best site for said betting? Bet365? I like Ray Wilkins' beard.

For some reason I agree with that Jabba-a-like Danny Baker, I think France could still go through. The players are obviously very disillusioned with the current set up under Domenech as he is an idiot, but if they just rally together and really go for it against South Africa - avoiding Domenech's ill-advised tactics - they are certainly capable of beating South Africa convincingly. I also think Uruguay will beat Mexico as Diego Forlan is the God of football.

I'm probably not displaying any betting credentials here... maybe i shouldn't bet.

I bet you a fiver Domenech looks like a Thunderbird at the next game.

I think thats the thing about england, it felt like same old. it wasnt they didnt win; i did predict a 1-1 but all the same old problems coming to haunt. the alarm bells were there in the friendlies but as you say better to judge after the algeria game.

so far so good with two of my dark horse predictions - chile and mexico! think with england will take them one game at a time. i wouldnt be suprised if its a sneaky 1-0 win to england. the media and talksport listening idiots will probably start calling for capello's head if its nothing less than 20-0!

what i find concerning is at this stage capello still doesnt seem to know his best XI. and then there's the keeping problem.

and the great ray winstone does their ads. i had an online account with bet 365 and it worked well but scary as it linked straight to my bank account. lucky i have always been a responsible gambler!

Guest Gladstone
Of course, i meant Ray Winstone, not Ray Wilkins. He's that geezer who's involved with Chelsea now, Ass. Manager I think? Maybe I have the wrong name again.

Ray Wilkins is Uncle Fester.

Of course, i meant Ray Winstone, not Ray Wilkins. He's that geezer who's involved with Chelsea now, Ass. Manager I think? Maybe I have the wrong name again.

you are correct, used to be called butch wilkins back in his playing days, no idea why, its probably on wikipedia i'd go look but too busy pissing myself laughing at the french and final whistle was over an hour ago!

Guest idol_wild
"Diego, some would say that England is the best team in the world, what would you say to that?"

_48104627_maradonasnotgaystill.jpg

England aren't even the best team in England. They're fucked.

crikey never thought i'd say this but actually welcoming the return of calamity. would have preferred joe hart despite his lack of international experience. capello really should have made his mind up about his number one during preperations.

I'm still laughing at the French!