aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

Aye, just a wee bit! Paraguayan boy should have been sent off though.

Their keeper should have been sent off for his foul on Fabregas as well. That would have been very exciting; 4 penalties in under 5 minutes! Referee has made some pretty inconsistent decisions by the look of things.

Spain were my choice at the start of the tournament because not only do I quite like the football they play but in my girly football moments they are rather nice to look at.

Tonight they have been rather poor which is just rubbish. The only exciting bit was with the penalties!

EDIT: Good goal from Villa. I hope he does well at Barca.

Should have been a red card. Should NOT have been a re-take. Should have been another penalty for Fabregas getting fouled.

The officiating throughout this World Cup has been an utter joke. "Elite" officials my fucking arse. Totally appalling and their incompetence is spoiling the whole tournament and embarrassing the sport.

The rules on penalties are fucking stupid. Fair enough if the pen doesn't go in and the ball comes back into play then the ref should blow for encroaching but if it goes in what the fuck difference does it make!?! So inconsistently awarded too. Affa exciting though. Some great QFs.

I hope Spain get smashed to pieces against the Germans. It's like they've got 11 Darren Fletcher's out there. Every single refereeing decision, they are surrounding the referee, pleading and moaning. When has a referee ever changed his mind on a decision when he's been surrounded by players? It has no positive effect. Just get on with it, you pissy moaning twats. Even when they got the penalty, that wasn't enough. 8 or 9 surrounded the referee, waving invisible cards to get him off. It's just hideous. Puyol sprinted from the half way line just to give a bit of verbal to the referee. What a shitbag. The Pique tug was definitely a foul, but they were convinced otherwise. Urgh. Just horrible to watch. They've been the most pathetically pissy team in the tournament. I can't wait for the Germans to walk right through them.

I think the Germans have taken everyone by suprise even though its the Germans and to coin a cliche 'you never write them off'. I mean Klose has got more goals this World Cup than the whole of last season! They've just come good at the right time. The English media said before they stuffed England, that the England squad might take one maybe two of their players! Then they proved it was no fluke by simply destroying Argentina. Spain have not looked particularly convincing but have the players to make things happen.

I really hope its a Germany v Netherlands final, best two teams in the tournament so far for me and since they absolutely loathe each other should make for a good final!

I think the Germans have taken everyone by suprise even though its the Germans and to coin a cliche 'you never write them off'. I mean Klose has got more goals this World Cup than the whole of last season! They've just come good at the right time. The English media said before they stuffed England, that the England squad might take one maybe two of their players! Then they proved it was no fluke by simply destroying Argentina. Spain have not looked particularly convincing but have the players to make things happen.

I really hope its a Germany v Netherlands final, best two teams in the tournament so far for me and since they absolutely loathe each other should make for a good final!

Klose scored 6 goals last season (3 in the league, 2 in the cup, one in Europe), he's scored 4 in the WC.

Klose scored 6 goals last season (3 in the league, 2 in the cup, one in Europe), he's scored 4 in the WC.

fair do's it was something a commentator said, probably he's scored more goals in the WC than the league last season....

fair do's it was something a commentator said, probably he's scored more goals in the WC than the league last season....

To be fair i've noticed that the old bias against Germany by English commentators etc has been blatant this WC. It actually annoys me that they insist on anglicising all the German names (i don't personally know how to chuck accents on names as i'm a computer spack but that isn't an excuse that the BBC/ITVs graphics teams). I've heard them unleash absolute bullshit statements about where Ozil and Khedira are from, both were born in Germany, and numerous other un-pc gaffes that are just ridiculous.

To be fair i've noticed that the old bias against Germany by English commentators etc has been blatant this WC. It actually annoys me that they insist on anglicising all the German names (i don't personally know how to chuck accents on names as i'm a computer spack but that isn't an excuse that the BBC/ITVs graphics teams). I've heard them unleash absolute bullshit statements about where Ozil and Khedira are from, both were born in Germany, and numerous other un-pc gaffes that are just ridiculous.

What did they say? I know Ozil is of Turkish descent, but I have no idea if he was born there or Germany. Not that it really matters. A player could probably wrangle some way of playing for any international team he wants these days. Hell, even Charles N'Zogbia could play for England despite being 100% non-English. He's even played for France U21.

Don't take it personally. The BBC and ITV are biased against everyone who isn't England. It was our year. We are skilled and experienced, and all our players play in the best league in the world. Anyone who isn't England is due to be patronised a million times over. If Holland reach the final, I'm sure our media will root for them, because a few of their players play in the best league in the world, where as La Liga and Bundesliga may as well be called Sunday Liga.

Flawless football coverage.

What did they say? I know Ozil is of Turkish descent, but I have no idea if he was born there or Germany. Not that it really matters. A player could probably wrangle some way of playing for any international team he wants these days. Hell, even Charles N'Zogbia could play for England despite being 100% non-English. He's even played for France U21.

Don't take it personally. The BBC and ITV are biased against everyone who isn't England. It was our year. We are skilled and experienced, and all our players play in the best league in the world. Anyone who isn't England is due to be patronised a million times over. If Holland reach the final, I'm sure our media will root for them, because a few of their players play in the best league in the world, where as La Liga and Bundesliga may as well be called Sunday Liga.

Flawless football coverage.

Ozil was born in Gelsenkirchen, Khedira was born in Stuttgart. I know there are the odd few who weren't born in Germany (Podolski, Klose, Trochowski, Cacau and Marin- Though all have lived in Germany since they were infants, aside from Cacau, and in some cases have German parents as well), but for the most part there is nothing wrong with that. It shows that most countries, England aside, are interested in integrating the positive sides of immigration not only into every day life but also into sport.

there is deffo a lot of jealousy going on towards the germans from the english media. I heard someone, probably Adrian Durham, harping on about how the Germans have nicked players from other countries? So what? As has been said you can easily wangle shit to play for almost any international country you choose. I mean look what Jack Charlton did with the Irish? Crap arguement.

At the end of the day the English media bods are just flabberghasted the team is as bad as what it is and cannot handle it. Four awful performances which were more than embarrassing.

Now Capello, who has only kept the gig to avoid a massive pay off, is under pressure to play the kids... and if he does and they dont instantly gel the same usual commentators will berate them in public shattering confidence.

Be interesting to see how England get on in the Euro qualifiers...