aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

well didnt see that coming, fair play to the Dutch, they played really well second half though Julio Cesar gifted them their first goal. Brazilians buckled under the weight of expectation, once they were behind they didnt like it up em one bit! Dunga must surely be sacked! mind you Capello kept his job so anything is possible!

Hard to call tonights game, hope its a classic, had a couple of drinks and in the mood for a feast of footy!

You'd think Suarez had killed someone... Gyan mucked up and that's not anybody else's fault but his own!

Bullshit. Gyan missed the penalty, yes. But Suarez cheated, he punched a ball off the line, a certain goal, thus making it a penalty. It was totally unfair and it cost Ghana the game as that header was going in.

Stupid horse-faced cunt. Not you Jeanette; Suarez.

Stupid horse-faced cunt. Not you Jeanette; Suarez.

I'm glad you clarified that!! Haha.

I guess I just don't think that handball was as bad as Henry's against Ireland. Maybe it just looked like it was more instinct than a 'I'll punch this away and stop the goal'. Who knows.

Picture this...

Ghana have an attack in the last minute of injury time, and Suarez is (bizarrely) the last man. The goalkeeper's eating some chips, or something.

Suarez chops down the Ghana player a yard inside the box, preventing a certain goal. He's sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, and Ghana take and miss the penalty. Is Suarez still a cheating horse-face bastard?

Picture this...

Ghana have an attack in the last minute of injury time, and Suarez is (bizarrely) the last man. The goalkeeper's eating some chips, or something.

Suarez chops down the Ghana player a yard inside the box, preventing a certain goal. He's sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, and Ghana take and miss the penalty. Is Suarez still a cheating horse-face bastard?

I'd say so.

Although denying a goalscoring opportunity and clearing a ball off the actual line is a different thing altogether.

Picture this...

Picture this...

A Ghana player does exactly the same as Suarez did. Is anyone outraged?

Not if the goalscoring opportunity is an empty net...

I have a feeling this is going to rumble on and on!!!

Indeed it will!

It's still just an opportunity. It's still up to the player to score it and theres a small chance he could miss.

If the balls cleared off the line that means a shot that was going in was cleared off the line. It should have been converted where it not for a handball. No opportunity there, only denying what should have definitely been a goal!

Fuck this arguement. Automatic goal, rugby style.

That Uruguayan lad is a fucking hero, he single handedly (pardon the pun) made sure his team had a chance of making it through to the semi finals.

OK so he cheated but he was punished for it. It's not his fault the Ghanaian lad couldn't score the pen.

What is he meant to do? Let the ball go past him in the final seconds of the game meaning his team get punted out of the competition? Feck right off. All IMHO. ;)

Suarez just handled it by instinct, if he'd actually been thinking he would have headed it off the line.

He is a cheating cunt though, one of the worst divers of the tournament. Still he's been good for my fantasy football team (although he only finished with 2 points today despite getting a point for a save!!!)

Gutted for Ghana though, I didn't see it on ITV coverage but I can understand how they were probably annoying, still I can't understand how anyone would have preferred Uruguay to win.