aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

I am glad Capello has been kept. I like him. Not many seem to, but I do, and that's what's important. Me.

ha ha ha quite right!

In a knee jerk reaction I thought the only option was to sack him but is there really anyone who could do a better job? hodgson and redknapp are the only ones i can think of right now and there's no guarentee they could do better. big sam allerdyce always expresses an interest but no thanks! yes capello made huge fuck ups but he may as well have another crack of the whip.

the whole thing started going shit when all the john terry stuff came out. dropping him would be a start. and surely no more emile heskey???

There's been a fairly similar backbone to the team for a while. No manager has really been able to properly moptivate the 'golden generation'. Keegan couldn't. Sven couldn't. McClaren couldn't, and now the strict disciplinarian Capello couldn't. It's definitely the players. I would rather see us field players like Hart, Dawson, Wilshere, and Adam Johnson and go out with a bit of a fight and a bit of dignity, than to play the same old line up and be eliminated in a sluggish embarassing fashion.

I hated Heskey in qualifying, but I personally thought he was our best player in the finals. He was one of very very few players who played with any sort of heart, and he won every ball he challenged for. If he didn't, he eventually won it back in great positions. If he could score goals, he would probably be the best player on earth

I was reading more rumours about the Gerrard/Terry riff - no smoke without fire! Something evidently wasnt right in the squad. Capello made some baffling decisions during the tournament for sure but the players have to stand up and be counted.

If it is true that Terry copped a strop cos Gerrard was also caught with his pants down but didn't get stripped of the captaincy like Terry, then JT should never play for England again.

Don't know what to believe regarding the rumours, most of it is probably bullshit but something happened to stop them playing as a unit. In any case its a fucking world cup, it comes round once every four fucking years, you should stop any personal squabbles, get out on the pitch and do the business. If they have let personal things affect their performances (which for whatever reason it does seem to be the case) then they should never wear the shirt again.

Have to say Heskey didnt do too bad but in typical Heskey style when he had a glorious chance against USA he right royally fucked it up. He certainly was better than most of them overpaid prima donna cocks out there.

Good thing about Capello is I actually think he might learn from this fiasco - I'd drop Lampard and Terry straight away for starters. Especially the latter, he just thinks he's god's gift and has a divine right to a starting place. reckon Capello is going to kick some butt big style, should be an interesting few months again! only a few weeks till the friendly against Hungary.

AOL news still going on about England not going through.

Ok, the linesman made a mistake. If it was allowed, would it change everything? Nope.

England can and should have done better. Perhaps less hype and more substance next time.

Ok, the linesman made a mistake. If it was allowed, would it change everything? Nope.

Going in 2-2 at half time? Course it would have. I'm not saying England would have won, but you could see the Germans looked nervy and conservative at 2-1. 2-2 changes the half time team talk for both sides. It opens the game right up, and takes away the Germans 1 goal advantage. The Germans were hard to break down at 2-1, but if they weren't a goal ahead, they could well have opened up alot more, because they would also have needed to score

I really don't understand how anyone can realistically argue that it wouldn't have changed everything. It's not like we were 4-0 down at the time and it would have been a nice consolation goal. No. It was an equaliser just before half time, the entire mentality of both teams changes in an instant. Germany don't get their 3rd goal because John Terry doesn't take it upon himself to camp in the German 18 yard box like A FUCKING IDIOT so we're not left short in defence on the counter attack.

England did not really deserve to get anywhere in this World Cup based on the very poor performances of the group stage, to suggest otherwise would be ridiculous, but maybe that second goal gives the team that bit of confidence that seemed to be so lacking in the early games.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it didn't count, it'll never count but it winds me up when people say it wouldn't have made a difference.

Now I hope Germany beat Spain as revenge for this bit of classless, but funny, behaviour after the Euro 2008 final

How does Van Bommel manage to not get sent off in every game he plays? He makes Paul Scholes tackles look like a mere tangle of legs. He only just got his yellow card in the 94th minute. Immunity.

I find it funny listening to the English commentator whining about him. If England had an effective bastard like Van Bommel they would be a much, much better side.

Some lovely goals there.

Shocking tackle by Van Bommel in the first half though.

My mate saw the odds on the 3-2 scoreline (28/1) and never bet on it, even though it jumped out at him. He looked well sick in ET cos he had HT draw and FT Holland and thought Uruguay might just sneak an equaliser, thus destroying his non-bet and his good bet.

Does anyone have any idea why the ref played 1:54 more ET than the assistant indicated?????

Some lovely goals there.

Shocking tackle by Van Bommel in the first half though.

My mate saw the odds on the 3-2 scoreline (28/1) and never bet on it, even though it jumped out at him. He looked well sick in ET cos he had HT draw and FT Holland and thought Uruguay might just sneak an equaliser, thus destroying his non-bet and his good bet.

Does anyone have any idea why the ref played 1:54 more ET than the assistant indicated?????

Alex_Ferguson_280x3_896122a.jpg

Not enough added time.

When the board went up Van Bommel was being treated for an injury. I say injury, he rolled around holding his stomach after he halved someone and was trying to avoid the book. Worked as well, the jammy cunt.

The board indicates a minimum time to be added on so you occasionally get further time on top of it if there are any other stoppages for injuries, goals etc.

When the board went up Van Bommel was being treated for an injury. I say injury, he rolled around holding his stomach after he halved someone and was trying to avoid the book. Worked as well, the jammy cunt.

That really was something. He twatted that guy, gave him a gobful, then as he saw the yellow card come out, and clutched his gut and laid around for a bit. Would have loved Uruguay to equalise in the 95th minute. There's not been enough penalties!

VAMOS ESPAA!!

Should be a good game tonight. I think Germany will miss Muller a lot tonight and that Spain wont afford them the spaceand midfield gaps which allowed them to run riot against England and Argentina so I'm feeling quite confident of a Spain win tonight. That said, Spain will still need to have their best game of the tournament to make it happen.