aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

The worst thing about ROTS is how rushed the ending feels. "AHHHHHH!" POP! "Luke... AHHHHHH!" POP! "Leia" dead.

Then they cover up the glaring plot hole I was annoyingly obsessed over by saying "have that droids memory wiped" in an "oh, by the way..." manner. It's ridiculously rushed, as if they got so far and ol' Georgy-boy Lucas said to himself, "even I can't be fucked with this anymore...

i agree. at least they had the good sense to release the original films on dvd in the end.

Is that the version tagged onto the "revamp" version? Is it true the audio is pishy, tinny stereo, it isn't anamorphic etc? Really want them on DVD but not if it is going to be the same as the VHS version. I have heard bad things, and I don't like.

Is that the version tagged onto the "revamp" version? Is it true the audio is pishy, tinny stereo, it isn't anamorphic etc? Really want them on DVD but not if it is going to be the same as the VHS version. I have heard bad things, and I don't like.

I ended up buying them when they were going cheap on play.com or something, they are pretty much just the VHS copies as George Lucas doesn't spend any time on anything but his new visions. They aren't even in letterbox format if I recall.

I have now purchased the original trilogy on VHS, the special edition original trilogy on VHS, the original trilogy on DVD, the special edition original trilogy on DVD. Multiply me by lots of people and that's a shit lot of cash for GL.

I have also bought the prequels on DVD for completeness. In fact it was only recently I bought 'The Phantom Menace' as it was the only gap in my DVD collection and it was 2nd hand cheap as chips. Hasn't been near my DVD player.

I ended up buying them when they were going cheap on play.com or something, they are pretty much just the VHS copies as George Lucas doesn't spend any time on anything but his new visions. They aren't even in letterbox format if I recall.

I have now purchased the original trilogy on VHS, the special edition original trilogy on VHS, the original trilogy on DVD, the special edition original trilogy on DVD. Multiply me by lots of people and that's a shit lot of cash for GL.

I have also bought the prequels on DVD for completeness. In fact it was only recently I bought 'The Phantom Menace' as it was the only gap in my DVD collection and it was 2nd hand cheap as chips. Hasn't been near my DVD player.

Pretty much the same for me, except I couldn't bring myself to bring the original trilogy on DVD for a second time to get the unmessed with versions, I knew that they would look shit being un-anamorphic.

Got Adywan HD rips of ANH and ESB now, they are the "special editions" but they look fantastic.

The positioning with the bike they do while trying to get up walls etc mean that they have to get as far down with their bums as possible. Basically, a seat would get in the way, and while trying to launch themselves up over a fence, they'd get a saddle in their gooch, fuck up the jump, lose balance and land on their face. Unless they had a seat that was so low-down that it would become redundant, cos your arse crack would be rested hard up against your back tyre.

I'd pay good money to see that!!!!!!!

Kinda agree about the poppin out babies thing, as for wiping c-3po's memory i don't think it was rushed at all, just popping things together. In a good way almost, in the way that everything has happened, and this is the end until everything you have already seen happens. it just sorta sum things ups. I don't know how else they could have done it.

They had the insensitivety to delete the scene where Yoda lands on Dagobah to start his exile.....it was a short scene, but the look on the little green guy's face gets me every time, poor little sod!!! The prequels were all crap except for certain sections of Ep III, the best bit was the mask going on Vader...total silence...then the iconic breathing starts!!!! I nearly pissed myself!!!!!

I liked Ep II and Ep III. Episode I was ruined by Jar Jar Binks and a shit story. Though Qui-Gon Jinn was fucking hard as fuck. One of my favourite Jedi :rockon:

Qui-Gon was the bollocks.....the 3 way lightsaber fight at the end of Ep I made up for the rest of the sorry mess. Shame Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were both killed off in the one movie.

EP I was al load of non sensical jargon spit out by shit comedy characters culminating in a light-sabre duel with an awesome soundtrack.

EP II was not bad, even though mini-Boba Fett was the worst child actor ever

EP III was a gigantic special effect that ruined one of the most famous characters in the movie world

EP IV made me want to watch more Star Wars movies

EP V made me jizz all over the place

EP VI made me drink the jizz from Episode V with a smile on my pus

The 3 prequels bring up such a mess of conflicting emotions -

Episode 1 features Jar Jar Binks, some pish storyline about Chlorimidians but also has Natalie Portman and a cool bad guy (who is featured way too infrequently) who has a cool double ended lightsabre.

Episode 2 features Haydn Christensen and a less pish storyline but also has Natalie Portman, Yoda unleashing the fury like a hyperactive Furby and Christopher Lee with a cool curvy lightsabre.

Episode 3 features Haydn Christensen and a bit more pish again storyline but also has Natalie Portman and General Grievous.

Two things that spoil, for me, the prequel trilogy.....Hayden Christsakes and Natalie Portman!!!!! The CGI characters have more personality than the two of them, and the chemistry between them is virtually non existent, and I lay the blame straight at George Lucas and his forelock tugging yesmen.

If one of them had the balls to stand up and say ''hang on, this doesn't make sense'', the films might have been better.

I mean, Vader's seduction to the darkside took about 3 and half minutes!!!! One minute he was dropping Palpatine in it to Windu, then the next minute he was pledging himself as Palpatine's apprentice!!!!!!!!! It should have played out over the course of Eps II and III.

One of moviedom's greatest villians reduced to a petulant sulky teenager....my arse!!!