aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Also - back to wondering about stuff - I contemplated shouting something like "knock it up the line" to an opposition player last night in the hope he would pass to me. I bottled it. I've done that at training and kickabouts before and it's obviously the funniest thing you've ever seen/heard in your life when it comes off. Would that be unsporting behaviour and be a foul?

I think so - technically, anyway, and based on the ref's summary earlier.

Guest Gladstone
Right, that's that settled. Anyone got any questions that aren't going to fill two fucking pages with football chat?

The next time Lucky and I feature on the same football pitch, how many times will I skin the fuck out of him?

I think so - technically, anyway, and based on the ref's summary earlier.

Really? Surely its deception in the same way that a stepover is, or when Ronaldinho would turn his head and point to a player, telling him to make a run, and whilst his head was turned, passing the ball in the other direction.

Really? Surely its deception in the same way that a stepover is, or when Ronaldinho would turn his head and point to a player, telling him to make a run, and whilst his head was turned, passing the ball in the other direction.

Nah, I dunno. It's the difference between that (a footballing talent and part of the game) vs deceiving someone through speech (ungentlemanly conduct).

Hmm, most migraine tablets contain ibuprofen. Nurofen is also ibuprofen. Guess it might depend on the headache.

This one doesn't feel like a migraine, more of a cold kind of thing I think going on the sore throat and the fact that I can't hear out of one ear...

Might take some paracetamol as well then.

How can a seemingly intelligent bloke I know go for a scan on his injured knee, and not mention which knee that's fecked?

Scan results came back for the wrong knee...

By assuming that the doctors would know which knee to look at?

However, my brother-in-law had a mountain bike accident mangling his arm, and he had to go in for an emergency operation, yet the A&E doctor marked on his arm (broken in 3 places - while the other one was fine) a giant X in permanent marker - just so the surgeon would be sure which one to operate on.

I think we give doctors too much credit for their knowlege!

Why do alot of TV programmes only have sign language interpretors at anti social hours? I'm up at stupid o'clock this morning with a bit of a gut bug, and I'm watching a whole manner of guff on Sky Sports. Since it's 5am, all these programmes have sign language interpretors; something you wouldn't see at other times during the day. Are deaf folk usually up through the night and asleep through the day?

I like to watch the Hollyoaks interpretor on a Sunday., and I like to think that the gestures he/she is making is not actually relaying the script in sign language, but what he/she would do sexually to the character who is currently speaking, and how he/she rates their attractiveness.

Guest idol_wild
I like to watch the Hollyoaks interpretor on a Sunday., and I like to think that the gestures he/she is making is not actually relaying the script in sign language, but what he/she would do sexually to the character who is currently speaking, and how he/she rates their attractiveness.

You should read more.

Why do alot of TV programmes only have sign language interpretors at anti social hours? I'm up at stupid o'clock this morning with a bit of a gut bug, and I'm watching a whole manner of guff on Sky Sports. Since it's 5am, all these programmes have sign language interpretors; something you wouldn't see at other times during the day. Are deaf folk usually up through the night and asleep through the day?

you must spread

I was at Glastonbury this year and went to one of the small stages to watch a band called Drugstore. I get there and the band are on and there is a wifey at the side of the stage doing sign language. She's signing through the whole of the set, lyrics, onstage chat, the lot. After Drugstore finished we hung around for a bit and the next band also had someone doing sign language so every act on that stage had this. Anyway, my contribution to this thread is...

Why would a deaf person go to a music festival?

Im not sure if you're actually looking for an answer but it comes from a simpler time when VCRs were king. Instead of gumming up the daytime schedule, niche programs were put to late night so folk could tape em' ken.