aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Guest idol_wild
'Fly' as in sneaky I believe.

I am led to believe this too. My grandmother worked in the fish markets for a number of years, with relatively strict breaktimes and such like. Quite a labour intensive job. So when they fancied a quick cup of tea, people would group together and go for "fly cups", whilst the other groups watched their back. Then they'd return the favour so that everyone gets to go for a "fly cup", as it was on the fly.

You just can't put a price on team spirit like that.

I am led to believe this too. My grandmother worked in the fish markets for a number of years, with relatively strict breaktimes and such like. Quite a labour intensive job. So when they fancied a quick cup of tea, people would group together and go for "fly cups", whilst the other groups watched their back. Then they'd return the favour so that everyone gets to go for a "fly cup", as it was on the fly.

You just can't put a price on team spirit like that.

A 'fly wank' works by the same theory although confusingly has a number of other meanings such as masturbating by moving the zip of your trousers up and down or having a tug whilst jumping through the air.

Guest idol_wild
A 'fly wank' works by the same theory although confusingly has a number of other meanings such as masturbating by moving the zip of your trousers up and down or having a tug whilst jumping through the air.

What? Groups of people go off and wank together?

I can safely say I've never done that at work.

Guest idol_wild
Why are iPods sold as a particular capacity when in reality they fall short? My alleged 160GB one only has 149 GB on offer according to iTunes when it is connected. That's a fair bit of capacity I am being short changed by....

I've noticed this too. My 30GB iPod Touch has a capacity of 28.48GB according to iTunes, which is a little frustrating, as that's quite a number of albums I'm losing. It's almost the same percentage you're losing too. I wonder why.

Fuck you, Apple. I love you, but I also despise you.

I've noticed this too. My 30GB iPod Touch has a capacity of 28.48GB according to iTunes, which is a little frustrating, as that's quite a number of albums I'm losing. It's almost the same percentage you're losing too. I wonder why.

Fuck you, Apple. I love you, but I also despise you.

I've owned a few different variations over the years and they have always had a bit less, but it's the fact that it's 11 GB less in this case...but you are right, the percentage works out much the same....I may send a letter that will be no doubt completely ignored to enquire...