aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

i've been told you can't put cans of things in the fridge, not that i would anyway. now, i heard that it was because the tin may transfer to the cans contents, and be very bad for you. but then why is it acceptable to put tin foil over things and then put them in?

Tin foil is made from aluminium.

Guest idol_wild
Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Why can't i find Sunkist anywhere? Do you still get it? If you don't, then you should.

Yes. It's called Fanta.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Why can't i find Sunkist anywhere? Do you still get it? If you don't, then you should.

Farmfoods still sell it last time I checked. That doesn't mean it is still being made though, could be stock from 1992.

Guest idol_wild
Did they buy over sunkist or change name to Fanta? Or are you being sarcastic?

I'm a dry and sarcastic bastard.

So yes, Fanta bought over Sunkist and changed the name.

Orangina is better anyway. It has all those weird floaty bits in it, like if you take a swig of juice with a mouthful of food, and some dregs get sucked back into the bottle.

Yum.

Orangina is the the president of carbonated orange drinks.

It makes me feel extremely continental.

Taste wise, Orangina is the king of (fizzy) pop but it doesn't have that satisfying, quenching, burny back of the throat ,uber carbonation that fanta does. For a fizzy drink, it hardly has any fizz.

Still, Orangina comes in snazzy bollock shaped glass bottles so I'm gonna go with the majority on this one.

Was anybody else disappointed when they introduced lemon fanta in Scotland? That was my holiday drink. You knew you were in a foreign country when you could have a lemon fanta. They ruined the magic of it.

Was anybody else disappointed when they introduced lemon fanta in Scotland? That was my holiday drink. You knew you were in a foreign country when you could have a lemon fanta. They ruined the magic of it.

I think I got a boner when I realised you could get it here and not just by the pool in Tenerife. I also got a soft on when I realised it wasn't as magical as it seemed in 30 degree + heat. I still like it during a hangover at times though.