aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Which is pretty much like the vast majority of carbonated soft drinks in the UK.

At least ours are made with sucrose for the most part. In America, most of the soft drinks are made with modified high-fructose syrup made from corn. So, if you want The Real Thing, you have to go to a Taqueria and ask for a Mexican Coke.?(

Which is pretty much like the vast majority of carbonated soft drinks in the UK.

Exactly. That's what a teeth rotting scummer like me expects from refreshment coming out of a tin.

Just buy a bottle of supermarkets own brand cloudy Lemonade for a fraction of the price of Fanta's poor substitute.

Guest idol_wild
Why do so many violently homophobic rappers idolise Liberace, one of the gayest men ever to walk the planet?

Because all violent homophobes are really homosexuals themselves.

I would say "To gi' it laldy" is to do something with great enthusiasm.

How come when you take a dump it usually floats, but sometimes sinks right to the bottom of the pan like a depth charge? Not enough fibre in the diet on summat?

Mine always sink. The only time it ever floats is I've got an upset stomach and it's coming out in little bits.

A couple of chefs told me sinkers are worse than floaters but doesn't necessarily mean that you have an unhealthy diet if it sinks. It's all about the density so if you have been eating a lot of lettuce, will probably float, Hamburgers and chicken, sink. That's the example he used, so don't know, he didn't seem the brightest of people but kind of makes sense.

It does, of course, depend on what you eat but sinkers are still healthy.

Poo is important.

What about colour? A rich brown seems healthy to me. Too dark or two light signifies imbalance in the diet or one having been on a bender.

Be careful is you're shit is black as there is either too much iron in your diet, have eaten a large quantity of black pudding in the last few days, you're bleeding internally or you've got an unhealthy amount of bismuth in your system (unless you're taking peptobismol of course, then expect it to be black).

Rich brown is fine, as is a greeny tinge. Worry if it is yellowy or black.

Guest idol_wild
Be careful is you're shit is black as there is either too much iron in your diet, have eaten a large quantity of black pudding in the last few days, you're bleeding internally or you've got an unhealthy amount of bismuth in your system (unless you're taking peptobismol of course, then expect it to be black).

Or Guiness.

After a heavy night on the sauce I can expect to have up to three dumps the next day. Usually as soon as I wake up my bowels are churning. It's not healthy dumps either, it's spray.

Ouch, remembering all that. Come the end of the day your arse is crying out for a drink of water.

Shithouse paper right :up: