aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Regarding the DVD on VHS and Blu-Ray on normal DVD issue - surely that was all just a quick snippet of CGI trickery to give the idea of improved visuals? I remember the VHS ones, they just used to make one half of the picture brighter...it can't be technologically possible to have improved format on old format....has anyone actually run a DVD next to the DVD ad on a VHS tape? - I'm betting there will be a marked difference....

I bought a Blu-Ray player when my last DVD player packed in - I can't say picture-wise I notice a huge difference but I find the sound is fairly emphasised but a bit unbalanced - when watching the Bourne films I had to turn the sound up to hear the dialogue and then when shit starting blowing up and car chases were happening it near blew the roof off!

I find my Blu-Ray player makes a lot of noise with some discs, like a loud whirring - anyone else suffer this or is my player shite?

I bought a Blu-Ray player when my last DVD player packed in - I can't say picture-wise I notice a huge difference but I find the sound is fairly emphasised but a bit unbalanced - when watching the Bourne films I had to turn the sound up to hear the dialogue and then when shit starting blowing up and car chases were happening it near blew the roof off!

I find my Blu-Ray player makes a lot of noise with some discs, like a loud whirring - anyone else suffer this or is my player shite?

If you are listening to it through your TV only as your TV is only two channels and the audio on the disc is at least 5 (plus LFE) it has to be mixed to 2 channels losing the emphasis on a central dialog channel.

I struggle to see how people don't notice a difference to be honest. I see the things every day so you'd expect me to be jaded by the whole thing by now yet when i was watching Celta Vs Villareal on Sky HD on my 40" earlier on in the week i was astounded as to how clear and sharp the picture was.

Could be a BD Java issue or it could be an unbalanced disc or it may have fingerprints on it or your player is shite.

Why do we laugh? It's nerves, but why do we do it. There seems to be no reason why your body performs that action when your brain acknowledges something funny.

10 Mysteries of you: Laughter - 05 August 2009 - New Scientist

In short, they reckong it began in "our pre-human acestors as a physiological reaction to being tickled."

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Why do pubes stop growing when they reach a certain length? It's weird. They grow, then just stop. But if you trim them they start growing again.

It's the same with arm/leg and armpit hair. I don't get it. I always thought hair that was actually exposed was dead. How does the root know when hair has been cut and to start growing again?

How do unborn babies know when to turn? A family member just had a child and it turned "right on schedule". Does it have a timer or something?!

probably the same way we turn when we are sleeping to stop blood circulation cutting off.

well....sometimes. my arm had a total spaz attack the other night and i punched my girlfriend in the puss. after apologising, i did have to have a little snigger to myself whilst trying not to shake the bed in doing so.

probably the same way we turn when we are sleeping to stop blood circulation cutting off.

well....sometimes. my arm had a total spaz attack the other night and i punched my girlfriend in the puss. after apologising, i did have to have a little snigger to myself whilst trying not to shake the bed in doing so.

I would really love it if you have accidentally left a "Y" off at the end of this word.

I've totally done that before. Thankfully, my sleep-punching is feeble or I would have been in a lot of trouble...

Which explains unborn babies kicking and punching, spaz attacks is the answer!