aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Guest idol_wild
Am I the only person who has never heard of the phrase "ace-ic"?

I mean, before that thread I have never seen/heard it used anywhere, at all.

Your life is sheltered.

Was anybody else disappointed when they introduced lemon fanta in Scotland? That was my holiday drink. You knew you were in a foreign country when you could have a lemon fanta. They ruined the magic of it.

Lemon fanta is the bizz on holiday, wads of ice mmmm cool & refreshing!

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Why can't i find Sunkist anywhere? Do you still get it? If you don't, then you should.

Farmfoods still sell it last time I checked. That doesn't mean it is still being made though, could be stock from 1992.

Farmfoods in Elgin does not, repeat does not sell Sunkist. I just went in and checked.

I had some ace-ic Asics when I was at school.

Are there many rats in Aberdeen? Where do they live?

many years ago me and kirk used to practice in a room above a chipper, you have to walk thru an alley round the back of the chipper and up the stairs, i believe that is where all of aberdeens rats live

You described something good as geein it laldy?

"That song was geein it laldy?" for example?

I was away to say, I'm sure it's not laldee and it's laldy...

I thought geein it laldy was being really enthusiastic with your movements, not a term to describe something ace

Was anybody else disappointed when they introduced lemon fanta in Scotland? That was my holiday drink. You knew you were in a foreign country when you could have a lemon fanta. They ruined the magic of it.

It tastes like crap in the UK too, the stuff abroad is more bitter and..well..nice. The UK stuff is just teeth-rotting sweet crap :(

You described something good as geein it laldy?

"That song was geein it laldy?" for example?

Surely "geein' it laldy" is a term describing some form of movement:

"Murdie wis geein' it laldy doon the wing until he fucked his hamstring(/calf/whatever it is this week)"

or

"Murrr wis geein' it laldy on the dancefloor last night"