aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Why, are you on the pull? :up:
You obviously don't know the cut of my jib, cos i don't just go around fucking drunk bitches; i got skillz, im a pimp, dropping lines and rhymes that make them want to suck ma shrimp so stand down, don't frown cos of this internet beatdown, you can't be expected to man-up your game purely cos you're contesting my name which you're dragging through dirt but end coming off lame to the super flowing pro spit diction about the bitches i be dickin, word.
  • Upvote 4

You obviously don't know the cut of my jib, cos i don't just go around fucking drunk bitches; i got skillz, im a pimp, dropping lines and rhymes that make them want to suck ma shrimp so stand down, don't frown cos of this internet beatdown, you can't be expected to man-up your game purely cos you're contesting my name which you're dragging through dirt but end coming off lame to the super flowing pro spit diction about the bitches i be dickin, word.

:laughing: id love to see teabags fronting some gansta rap possie playing the moorings

bri would put that on, bri will put anything on

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Why, are you on the pull? :up:

You win! :laughing:

Teabags wins yet again at the internet.

:laughing:

Science implies that for something to exist it must either possess mass, energy, or a combination of both. It also tells us that light travels at (hud on...) 670,616,629.4 mph.

So my question is: where is the piece of mass, or quantum of energy that defines the speed of light. Or in simple terms where is that speed of light stored?

How does crucifixion kill you? To me it seems that you'd die of thirst before anything else. I don't see how just hanging there for a few hours would be fatal.

Why do some animals lick their balls assholes and not others? Or do they all do it. I've never seen a horse or a cow do it.

Why are ear buds addictive more addictive than crack?

Guest idol_wild

How does crucifixion kill you? To me it seems that you'd die of thirst before anything else. I don't see how just hanging there for a few hours would be fatal.

Severe blood loss? I guess it depends on the method and what the condemned man had to endure before he was nailed.

I think you answered your own question, it's not a quick death, thirst, starvation, exposure to the elements all add up I think. Maybe some blood loss if they sever veins etc in the wrist...

There was a theory that your body weight being suspended in that position would cause asphyxiation, and eventually the victim would be too exhausted to push their body up to breath anymore. But I'm pretty sure this was found to be bullshit, and it is pretty much due to the reasons already given.

Why is it that every pub / restuarant / takeaway that's ever reviewed in the Evening Express is absolutely fantastic, great value for money and piles of delicious food?

(When in reality places like Soul and Revolution charge about a tenner for half a plate of food).

There might be a market for an honest version of the Evening Express, but it would cost 2 a copy :up:

Science implies that for something to exist it must either possess mass, energy, or a combination of both. It also tells us that light travels at (hud on...) 670,616,629.4 mph.

So my question is: where is the piece of mass, or quantum of energy that defines the speed of light. Or in simple terms where is that speed of light stored?

Light is made of photons, which are particles (although they seem to think they are waves sometimes...) and hence mass.

Why is it that every pub / restuarant / takeaway that's ever reviewed in the Evening Express is absolutely fantastic, great value for money and piles of delicious food?

(When in reality places like Soul and Revolution charge about a tenner for half a plate of food).

About 12-14 years ago when I worked in a restaurant they got a call from a certain local paper asking them if they wanted to take out some not-all--that-cheap advertising slots.

The restaurant declined, and not long after that got a negative review in the same publication, despite being the only establishment in Aberdeen that was in The Good Food Guide at the time.

Typical EE restaurant review:

"Me and the wife went to the Royal Thai. For starters I had spring rolls [like every other week], and the wife ordered a prawn cocktail. The spring rolls were too hot and not greasy enough. The wife seemed to enjoy her prawn cocktail but found it a little spicy. For main course I ordered sweet and sour pork with boiled rice which was tasty but not as good as Liddels. The wife ordered Chicken Maryland which she found too spicy. The food was very expensive at 10 for 2 main courses, you can have an all day buffet for the entire family in The Mains of Scotstown for that! And the portions were very small, I was able to finish most of what was on the plate and the wife had to nip out for a fish supper afterwards. I was disappointed that there was no desert trolly as I had been looking forward to some black forrest gateu with jelly, We also found everything much to spicy. Overall 4/10."

• Upvote 3

Guest idol_wild
About 12-14 years ago when I worked in a restaurant they got a call from a certain local paper asking them if they wanted to take out some not-all--that-cheap advertising slots.

The restaurant declined, and not long after that got a negative review in the same publication, despite being the only establishment in Aberdeen that was in The Good Food Guide at the time.

So it works on the same premise and principle as the NME with record labels, in that case.

Typical EE restaurant review:

"Me and the wife went to the Royal Thai. For starters I had spring rolls [like every other week], and the wife ordered a prawn cocktail. The spring rolls were too hot and not greasy enough. The wife seemed to enjoy her prawn cocktail but found it a little spicy. For main course I ordered sweet and sour pork with boiled rice which was tasty but not as good as Liddels. The wife ordered Chicken Maryland which she found too spicy. The food was very expensive at 10 for 2 main courses, you can have an all day buffet for the entire family in The Mains of Scotstown for that! And the portions were very small, I was able to finish most of what was on the plate and the wife had to nip out for a fish supper afterwards. I was disappointed that there was no desert trolly as I had been looking forward to some black forrest gateu with jelly, We also found everything much to spicy. Overall 4/10."

Ha, it's funny 'cause it's true.