aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Aye, it's just the same as whoever thought "hmm, can i drink milk from cows?" or whoever stumbled across cheese, butter, yoghurt etc

Trial and error throughout the centuries. I'm sure plenty folk spewed up on bull's piss or choked to death on chicken feathers and congealed blood too.

The discovery of the delightful taste of cows milk makes sense in that if some pioneer was to observe humans feeding on their mothers milk and calves doing the same then they are bound to have a wee taste eventually.

or maybe some perv was just sucking on a cow's tits and thought yum yum

Trial and error throughout the centuries. I'm sure plenty folk spewed up on bull's piss or choked to death on chicken feathers and congealed blood too.

The discovery of the delightful taste of cows milk makes sense in that if some pioneer was to observe humans feeding on their mothers milk and calves doing the same then they are bound to have a wee taste eventually.

or maybe some perv was just sucking on a cow's tits and thought yum yum

Err, yes that's obvious. It's more what made someone want to do it that interests me. Natural inquisition, a compulsion, sheer luck, perversion?

To Americans, there's only 3 English accents. Posh, Cockney and Beatles.

I'm sure they have the same span of accents in American we have here, with discreet differences from town to town, we just can't hear them the same. I can't hear the difference between an American accent and a Canadian accent.

Roast Ox crisps are the best crisps i have ever eaten.

Cracks me up whenever I see Roast Ox crisps, there's an episode of the Young Ones where Vyvian goes to the bar and Rik asks him to get some vegetarian crisps, so he asks for Roast Ox flavour. Now, it was funny in 1984 on two levels, firstly because Roast Ox is abous at un-vegitarian as you can get, but also because the very concept of Roast Ox flavour crisps was ridiculous.

Now it only works on one level. :down:

Whose idea was it not to? It's only really relatively recently that not to use every single part of a beast would be considered stupidly wasteful. We're just a load of pampered fussy little things nowadays...

Where did they get the idea tho, who thought that sounded like an appealing thing to eat?

I get what you mean, there was a programme not long ago where they cooked all the shit parts of a pig, organs, genetillia ect, was interesting to watch if not a bit stomace churning. For the record i love black pudding even if i do know what it is.

I love Black Pudding too. I wish I didn't because the idea of it is gut wrenching, but it's bloody ace.

That pun was unintentional as I was trying to keep my swearing ratio down for the day, so people don't think I'm a yob.

Hey forget Black Pudding, what about potted Head meat? That is just so wrong

lost my post :(

Black Puddings is delicious ......especially with either Breakfast (obvious one), roasted chicken (whiskey sauce) or the best combo by far venison medallions & red current Jus

As you can see I was getting confused what needed captial letters and what didn't anyone mind clearing that up.....seems to consude me nowadays)

Black Puddings is delicious ......especially with either Breakfast (obvious one), roasted chicken (whiskey sauce) or the best combo by far venison medallions & red current Jus

As you can see I was getting confused what needed captial letters and what didn't anyone mind clearing that up.....seems to consude me nowadays)

The only thing that needed a capital letter was the B in black pudding at the start of the sentence.

Are you drunk?