aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Bon Accord Tropical, Pineappleade, Limeade.... oh my god that stuff was so good.

My folks still get juice delivered in Fraserburgh, it's called "Elite", I don't know where they get it from though... Bon Accord Juice used to be commonplace in the 80s and early 90s, usually about 4.00 on a Friday your doorbell would ring and some spotty teenager would go "juice n crisps?" There was a fleet of vans went down every street.

05290028.jpg

Outer space and the universe

If it's infinite; how is it constantly expanding and contracting? what the fuck expanding? what is it expanding and contracting into? where the hell is it expanding and contracting if it doesn't end?

after hours of thinking about this i also start to ask myself, is an all knowing, all forgiving being in the sky who created us all from the earth really so unbelievable?

It's like a dream, no end and no beginning...

Outer space and the universe

If it's infinite; how is it constantly expanding and contracting? what the fuck expanding? what is it expanding and contracting into? where the hell is it expanding and contracting if it doesn't end?

after hours of thinking about this i also start to ask myself, is an all knowing, all forgiving being in the sky who created us all from the earth really so unbelievable?

Well done! Occult proverb say "understanding gleaned from foolish application of knowledge".

Best bit of advice I ever got/took was "only believe that which you directly experience". The principle of self demonstrability.

Now try and get your head round this:

The single thing that defines God is the ability to manifest something from nothing. In other words the ability to will an act of material creation.

If there is a God then God manifested everything.

If we subtract everything we are left with nothing. Therefore by definition God is nothing (interestingly it is impossible to build a nothing detector).

If God manifest everything then everything is by definition also God.

In the Western Mystery Tradition (the basis of all three main Western religions) God is symbolically represented by three different digits a zero, a one, and a zero with a one through it. The 0 signifies nothing, the 1 signifies something and the 0 with the 1 through it signifies the manifestation of something from nothing (a bit like the big bang). Thus we have three versions of God which are all technically the same God:

God the Unmanifest (nothing = 0)

God the Manifestor (the act of creation itself = 0 with 1 through it)

God the Manifest (everything = 1)

The bible whose uses the metaphor of God the Father, God the Holy Ghost, and God the Son to explain this concept.

Personally I prefer the more modern humorous version. WARNING - you need to be in the correct frame of reference to get this joke:

A priest, a scientist and an occultist are walking through a field when they stumble upon an egg. The priest and the scientist start arguing over the existence of a chicken.

The priest says "It's like this - if you lead a good and sin free life then when you die you get to see the chicken".

The scientist says "That's absurd. There are no feather here, no chicken shit, no chicken tracks, and in fact no evidence whatsoever of any chicken."

The occultists says "What do you think the fucking egg's made from?"

Hint - the bottom line is that although to each other they appear diametrically opposed they are in fact are both correct, just arguing different sides of the same coin. The scientist is right in that God does not exist because God is technically made out of nothing, so there is no evidence of God. The priest is right in that God does exist because an act of material creation has taken place. The occultist points out that God is all around us, and that that we ourselves are evidence enough of God. Pretty much the same observation that Johnology just made in the post above ;)

Now how's THAT for a head fuck hah hah hah!

• Upvote 1

Guest treader.

Why is it when you really really really need to shit, your body starts feeling really cold and shivery?!

Hoping I'm not the only person who's ever noticed this, or if I'm the only person it happens to.

Why is it when you really really really need to shit, your body starts feeling really cold and shivery?!

Hoping I'm not the only person who's ever noticed this, or if I'm the only person it happens to.

Maybe it's like when you eat heaps and feel lethargic, because your body's diverting more blood than usual away from your brain to your stomach to process the food, maybe it's your body diverting energy and blood flow away from your extremities to your lower intestine? Perhaps?

Something along the lines of orange question earlier that is probably silly but has always bothered me: Are Bumble Bees called Bumble Bees because they 'bumble', or did the expression 'to bumble' come from the way a Bumble Bee moves?

OK tone lowered sufficiently for the biggie. We've been arguing about this in the bar for months, and not even wiki can provide an answer.

Is female ejaculation real, or is it just wee?

(and am I going to get banned for asking that?)

There was a 3 page article about it in New Scientist a few weeks ago. The 30th May issue. I'll bring it into the bar for you.

Why is the lion called The King Of The Jungle when they live on the African plains, not in the jungle?

(PS Ever notice what a funny word jungle is?)

Agreed. Lions are lazy fuckers anyway....the lionesses are the real badasses.

In any case, a tiger would kick a lion's ass....and at least they actually live in jungles.

Guest treader.

Lions used to be commonly found in Peru. Apparently 13% of the Amazon rainforest is in Peru.

The Amazon rainforest is also known as the Amazon Jungle, and the Lions living in that Jungle were therefore King of the Jungle.

Thanks.

Lions used to be commonly found in Peru. Apparently 13% of the Amazon rainforest is in Peru.

The Amazon rainforest is also known as the Amazon Jungle, and the Lions living in that Jungle were therefore King of the Jungle.

Thanks.

Don't buy that explanation.

Lions haven't lived in Peru for over 10,000 years.