aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

My normal favourites are Italy and then Argentina but I'll be going for Spain this time since I live here now. I like seeing Holland do well.

On the other hand I enjoy seeing France, Germany, England and Brazil lose.

Although actually I look kinder on Germany since Klinsmann reinvigorated them in '06.

And I think Cardiff will do much better in the premiership than Blackpool if they go up. Probably get relegated but no Derby horror show.

I'll be supporting the underdogs. All of them.

Me too, unless England happen to be the underdog!

I'm hoping Ross County win tomorrow for the same reason.

(Also interested to see the United fans reaction to Craig Brewster after their 'falling-out' with him when he was their manager....made the dons fans seem gentle and forgiving in comparison).

Me too, unless England happen to be the underdog!

I'm hoping Ross County win tomorrow for the same reason.

(Also interested to see the United fans reaction to Craig Brewster after their 'falling-out' with him when he was their manager....made the dons fans seem gentle and forgiving in comparison).

Nice to see Brewster is taking credit for Dundee United's success:

Craig Brewster: I laid foundations for Dundee Utd's current success - The Daily Record

What a prick.

Obviously England, but I will also be looking forward to watching the African sides. It's the first World Cup to be held on their continent, and since their own African Nations tournaments are dismal in terms of atmosphere, I think they'll really rise to the occasion. Cameroon really do have a strong starting 11, and then there's the more obvious Ivory Coast, but it's not really going to come down to how good the collective players are as much as how well they can set themselves up, in my opinion.

Proper exciting! I wish the World Cup was every year, twice a year.

Nice to see Brewster is taking credit for Dundee United's success:

Craig Brewster: I laid foundations for Dundee Utd's current success - The Daily Record

What a prick.

his interviews are pretty different elsewhere and it seems odd that he would do multiple different press conferences before the biggest RC game ever. it's been edited/stitched to make him sound like a dick. I have it on pretty good authority that he is a top bloke and def not arrogant...

I'm a week late with this, but maaarching on togeether! FUCK YES. Sitting biting my nails after Beckford scored the second goal. Absolutely delighted. Thought it was lost when that twat Gradel got himself sent off and then we went a goal down. Jumping.

Gutted for Fulham. Watched the game in the Old School House and there was a chap in who looked like he was about to throw himself off the upper floor when Atlectico opened the scoring. They left at half-time so I hope he didn't do anything stupid when they lost.

Obviously happy with Rangers lifting the cup. Was never a penalty but nevermind. Hopefully we'll find a buyer who won't run us into the ground over Summer and we can keep a hold of Bougherra, Boyd and Wilson and bring in a few players.

World Cup...my girlfriend's English so I'll be supporting them, but I love Spain and I still have my top from Euro 2008. As much as I hate the fucking Italians I might put money on them as it's decent odds at 12/1 for them to win it. Fuck, the bookies even fancy Argentina over the Italians. Will be in New York for most of it working, so don't know how much I'll get to watch. Hopefully the final, as it's on my birthday.

Football is fucking ace. Mon Pompey today. I dreamt that they beat Chelsea 3-1 so I've stuck a fiver on them to do just that. Hope Ross County win today as well :up:

Guest idol_wild

Congratulations to Dundee United. It was never likely to go wrong for them, but it's always nice to see a deserving team win the Scottish Cup, rather than one of the old farm.

This sounds a bit silly, but I actually enjoyed watching the Scottish Cup Final without either of the Old Firm. Which is just ridiculous since I should want my team to win it (which I always do), but there was no nonsense that follows either of the OF teams.

Just two sets of fans enjoying a really good day! I was in town earlier this morning and there were Ross County fans everywhere!

Extra points to the Dundee Utd fans for bringing a lot of colour to the stadium!

Joseba Exteberria was in tears as he played his last game for Atletico Bilbao today. Such an incredible player. He played the whole of this season for Bilbao without receiving a single wage from them. He just loves Atletico Bilbao. Exemplary professional. Fuck all these "I'm on 100k a week and that's enough, give me a new deal" chancers.

when does this thread get wound up i wonder? after the champs league finals or the play off finals?

watched the BSP play off final on some dodgy internet feed yesterday and it was a cracking match. i totally enjoyed it because a) cambridge werent playing and b) cambridge werent playing and losing 1-0 in a crap game to a team from devon! felt sorry for york but oxford deserved the win and its one less moneybags in the BSP next season. however york get what they deserve when 2-1 down and their subs are both cambridge rejects!

though boo hiss to sly sports for using that welsh tosser and hapless wrexham manager dean saunders as their summerizer, the man is beyond a dick - even most wrexham fans think so!

Hopefully catch some of the champs league final as i'm out for me birthday dinner sat night but in the place we're going they have a big screen! result!