aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

No, we'd probably be understandably upset. However, i doubt that we'd all be calling for the board to sack Houston.

Hold on a sec Phil; we have a higher budget than most other spl teams (albeit, still not massive) yet finish 9th, a lot of our players seem to not give a fuck and our manager calls games "irrelevant", despite the fact people have paid 20-30 to come cheer the team on.

That doesn't merit complaint?

That being said, we do seem to have a whiny fan base. But I think that's just Aberdonians, gripey, whiney bastards. I think that guy, forgot his name, but his avatar is Will Ferrell playing the cowbell, he sums up a chunk of fans for me. Fuck knows how many times I've been pissed off at his unrelening cynicism on this thread.

It's a shame because I'm always lumped with these fans, as well as a few of my mates, and we're on the whole, pretty positive supporters! I was cheering them on encouraging them almost every game the season they finished bottom, and for the next seven seasons. Only reason I don't go as much now is because I can't afford it :down:

let's face facts a significant element of all teams fans are complete numpties. At Cambridge us sensible rational realistic supporters refer to ourselves as the 1% club on the messageboard!

Enjoying the Fulham game, bloody Diego Forlan scoring again but nice equalizer, I got a 'feeling in my water' as Kevin Kevin said to Brian Moore during the England Switzerland Euro 96 match that Fulham might just do it!

Gutting for Fulham. What a strike from Davies to equalise, too. As soon as Zamora came off, they lost everything. No one could hold the ball up. Konchesky... why? He had MILES of space on the left. He should have been bombing right into it, with Etuhu filling the gap, but he never did. Atletico's backline must have been an average height of 5ft8. They should have been twatting it towards the penalty area all night long. Disappointing.

Atletico Madrid have gone through their whole European campaign by winning only 3 games on the night. And Forlan is a goal machine, who couldn't score for mince in England.

Did anyone see the Championship play-off game? From SSN footage it looks like the striker who missed the vital pen has gone down injured after the pitch invasion. Did anything happen or am i fabricating things?

He fell to the ground after missing his penalty, then the Cardiff players charged towards their keeper. I think one of them gave him a bit of a boot to the head on the way. Sounds about right. Cardiff are a twatty bunch of scrubbers.

It's a shame there's no away goals in the Playoffs, or Leicester would be going to Wembley. I'd like Blackpool to win promotion, but I don't think they'll beat Cardiff, where as I think Forest could smash them to bits. I don't even know why I don't like Cardiff.

whoever wins the play off final will do a Derby 2007/08... I expect some wonderfully comedic defending! and the usual influx of adequate french loan signings although might even be hard to attract them to cardiff or blackpool! i been to a game at bloomfield road in the middle of winter, twas grim!

hard luck on fulham, they gave it a bloody good shot!

whoever wins the play off final will do a Derby 2007/08... I expect some wonderfully comedic defending! and the usual influx of adequate french loan signings although might even be hard to attract them to cardiff or blackpool! i been to a game at bloomfield road in the middle of winter, twas grim!

I agree with this, they'll be the whipping boys of the premiership.

Dead excited about the World Cup now, who is everyone supporting/following? (not including English members and Alkaline - Germany )