aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Living in New York City. This place is insane!

In other Ace-ic news... The pallas ad hasn't been taken down in my absence. Phew. I'm beginning to really like the little fella.

I really like NY, planning a wee trip back next year, I think.

What area are you living in?

[EDIT= That looks a bit rapey, soz. The statement and question are unrelated.]

I really like NY, planning a wee trip back next year, I think.

What area are you living in?

[EDIT= That looks a bit rapey, soz. The statement and question are unrelated.]

LES bro!... nah fuck it, i'm not cool enough for that yet, Lower East Side Manhattan. Been here for just a few days and already loving it.

Was maybe gonna start a thread asking folks for tips on where to go: bars/venues/shops etc but thought it a bit too 'look at me!'. That said, if anyone reading this has been and found any gems let me know.

Depends on the music you like....if you're into antifolk, then the Sidewalk Cafe on Ave A is good.....also loads of good gigs at Cakeshop on Ludlow St (has the benefit of a record shop and ace cake shop too!).

I also liked the Lakeside Lounge on, I think Ave.B

Dunno if Tonic is still on the go...but it had some great 'leftfield' nights ..... and there's the Mercury Lounge, too.

Used to love a wee cafe called Cafe Alt, but I think it closed about a year ago.

Katz's for fine food!

Depends on the music you like....if you're into antifolk, then the Sidewalk Cafe on Ave A is good.....also loads of good gigs at Cakeshop on Ludlow St (has the benefit of a record shop and ace cake shop too!).

I also liked the Lakeside Lounge on, I think Ave.B

Used to love a wee cafe called Cafe Alt, but I think it closed about a year ago.

Katz's for fine food!

I'm decidedly against people in general so 'antifolk' sounds right up my street.

The Lakeside Lounge is also right up my street, literally, as I live on ave.B.

Katz's is just round the corner. I'm waiting till i've built up enough appetite to tackle one of their sandwiches.

cheers Alan.

There's Manitoba's bar near you too.....I spent a late night there....think it might be a bit rough at certain times though.

Gigs at Arlene's Grocery too.......you're not too far away from the Knitting Factory and the Bowery Ballroom for bigger gigs (sometimes good, more obscure stuff in the Tap Room at the Knitting Factory).

For books...Strand bookstore.

* I'm jealous*

What are you doing over in New York? I'd love to live there for a year or two. I know so many people that have been and say its fucking incredible. I bet the gig scene is awesome too, not that it isn't here. I'd be tempted to go down to Baltimore as well to hand out with McNulty and the gang and fight me some crime.

EDIT: Have you seen Spiderman yet?

The male equivalent of sex in the city is wanking on to an old crumpled up bra catalogue, then crying as you lay back down on your forty year old brown sofa while slowly lifting a bottle of bells 8 year to your mouth as you breath your last breath.

Sounds more like Leaving Las Vegas to me.....

My favourite bit of New York was the Brooklyn Brewery, which is open as a 'German Beerhall-esque' Bar at the weekends. Lovely beers and you could order pizza to be delivered from local pizzaria's :)

They sell some of the Brooklyn Beers in Peckhams.

Ace-ic. Gan hame tonight to cook some big-ass mu'fucking steaks. Bring on the meat sweats.