aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I don't see where the big debate is. PS3 has some brilliant exclusives, but for the multi-format releases Xbox versions usually perform better (look at the Digital Foundry comparisons). Despite being more powerful the memory structure of the PS3 puts it at a disadvantage compared to the xbox so multi-format ports usually end up with some compromises. Exceptions do exist but they are primarily games developed for PS3 and ported to xbox (Final Fantasy XIII, Dark Souls etc).

On a personal note, I prefer the xbox controller too, it is more ergonomic and comfortable to hold. I'm a huge Sony fanboy, but I've never owned a PS3. Playing friends consoles it just never seemed worth the money although the price difference has reduced since I got my console.. Sure you have to pay for xbox live, but if you're an online gamer, it is a better service than PS3 online capabilities.

We were all joking about. No one really cares enough to argue (i hope).

I only recently realised that people pay for online gaming with ps3 and xbox. Always assumed it was free. It should be free. If I was to ever want to get whipped at fifa by a 9 year old chinese boy I wouldn't want to pay for the experience.

You don't have to pay to play online on PS3. You can pay for extra services online with their PSN+ Service but it's not compulsory and not having it doesn't stop you from playing online.

I only recently realised that people pay for online gaming with ps3 and xbox. Always assumed it was free. It should be free. If I was to ever want to get whipped at fifa by a 9 year old chinese boy I wouldn't want to pay for the experience.

PS3 online is free. It is playstation plus that you pay for but that is essentially for discounts on games and a few extra bits. Not essential for online play. Xbox costs about £30 a year if you buy in the shops but it is a more stable, faster and reliable service in my experience, as well as offering discounts through deal of the week like playstation plus does and has a few more things coming like 4od, bbc iplayer, etc