aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Tiffany at Cablevision is ace-ic. I've moved flats and need the internet/tv hooked up. Tried to order Verizon which is generally considered the best, turns out they have old dsl equipment in my area but charge folk the same as the fibre optic customers - total rip off. Called up this other company that everyone rips into for being a bit 'ghetto' - this sweetheart sorted me right out with a great package with on demand films for my gf and sports for me (she even spent an extra 2 mins making sure all the football channels were in there, listing them one by one) and she gets me an installation date for tomorrow whereas Verizon were quoting mid feb. Her willingness to help me get the best for what I need rather than trying to sell me stuff I don't was ace-ic. its so nice when people do their job well.

Go Tiffany. The customer service world needs more like her.

Although it was probably just the accent working again.

True. You can tell straight away when u get through to a call centre in queens or Brooklyn coz they don't give a shit and just want you off the line whereas a lot of companies have centres in the deep south and they always want a chat. Last year when I complained about the cable guy not showing up on time the woman gave me free HBO for a year coz she said I had an 'honest voice'. Pays to be foreign sometimes.

Awful stuff. I tasted it once like 6 years ago and thought it was repulsive. Now I'm old I've found that a lot of things I didn't like when I was younger, I now do like since my taste buds have matured, so I tried Marmite again a few weeks ago. It still tastes like dirty nappies.

I had this same experience recently. I'd tried it when I was young because dad likes it and it was stinking but then I was watching LA Ink and this dude was getting a tat of a jar of Marmite, so it made me want to try it again. Went out especially and bought it and it's still stinking. I want to like it because it's got a cool jar, but it just tastes boggin. I'm trying to work it into some foodstuffs or whatever. Maybe casseroles or something would benefit.

My parents tried moving to the States with me when I was 13. Since I was only 13 I don't really know exactly why it fell apart. My step Dad got a job and a working Visa, but my mum didn't is all I really know, but I don't know why. The plan was for her to stay there illegally until she could wrangle her way into a job of some kind, but I was unable to enrol in the local school due to my Mum's lack of Visa, and my step dad not being my actual step dad by marriage at that point, so his Visa wasn't enough.

Probably for the best. We were going to be moving to a suburb outside Detroit. That place is like a wasteland now, isn't it?

It was a bit shit in the end, since we sold the house in England and everything in it. Had to come back to a council flat and borrowed/unwanted furniture. That was ungood.

If I didn't have a us passport I'd probably not have moved here tbh, visas sound like a nightmare. That said, jobs are plentiful here. I had a couple of freelance things lined up before I left then found a permanent one pretty quick.

So do you have an american parent(s) or something? Certainly makes it a lot easier.

So do you have an american parent(s) or something? Certainly makes it a lot easier.

My Dad's from Virginia. Makes the moving process a whole lot simpler. But, I've been surprised how many people get visas through their jobs. If anyone is considering moving look through all the different kinds of visas you can get coz u might be eligible for one u didn't know existed. There is one for creative types that a lot of designers I know are on which is cheap. I think it's to do with the fact that art schools are better abroad so they want to invite talent here. Actually, that is one industry that is huge here. If u know photoshop and illustrator you can get a job easy.

Booking a holiday. A holiday in another country. It will be the first time I've been on a proper holiday since I was 14. Going to Tunisia in June. All Inclusive. I didn't know what All Inclusive meant until recently. It means I'm going to eat everything and be wasted by lunchtime.

Think about those pints of delicious house wine for breakfast!

Booking a holiday. A holiday in another country. It will be the first time I've been on a proper holiday since I was 14. Going to Tunisia in June. All Inclusive. I didn't know what All Inclusive meant until recently. It means I'm going to eat everything and be wasted by lunchtime.

Take a large thermos cup, I used one in Cuba, get shit loads more drink in then the shitty plastic cups they will give you, plus it'll keep the drink cool as your lying on the beach/by the pool.