aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

The Hayseed Dixie thing shows a certain level of creativity which might help you get past the 'they're someone else's songs' part.

I'm alright with cover bands and all that - not everyone who is good at playing guitar is going to be able to write songs but that shouldn't exclude them from the fun that being in a band can bring.

• Upvote 1

I've only done a couple of one off cover gigs and they were actually really good fun. Not something I'd want to do for anything more than one gig at a time but they're good for a bit of a laugh and playing songs you wouldn't normally get a chance to play.

I sometimes attempt to think of names for tribute/covers bands without actually wanting to form one though. Stereophonies and The Disguiser Chiefs are two favourites just now. Geezer is a good one, wish I had thought of that.

• Upvote 1

Todays XKCD is awesome. I love when he does the massive pictures with facts on them.

large

"Sperm whales dive this deep. They come up covered in wounds and sucker marks, so presumably there are big squid down here? ...Man we know NOTHING about the ocean.".

Image doesn't work but people should go to the site anyway to see it:

http://xkcd.com/

I love xkcd.

• Upvote 2

The Witcher 2 pre-order price for xbox is only £31.99 on Amazon. So hard to resist the temptation to pre-order. Have exams in June though that need revising for! All the Amazon pre-orders are signed by the development too which is a nice touch by CD Projekt.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Witcher-Assassins-Enhanced-Edition/dp/B0073PQFQS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334091027&sr=8-2

I've played that game rather a lot and never noticed any of this. I love easter eggs in games and DVD's. Not quite as profound as they would like it to be but still they went to an amazing amount of effort to put it in the game.

No real reason for the quote, I just know Teabags is a huge Trials fan so may find this interesting or noticed some of it

z

Also Trials Evolution is out on the 18th April so make sure you have 1200MSP ready!

Sandwiches.

The best food. I've been watching a whole lot of Man Vs Food and I've grown envious of New York delis, so I went to the shops and bought a ton of Pastrami, Monterey Jack cheese, Ranch dressing and some other gubbins and made a ridiculous batch of sandwiches for my lunch today. Utterly huge. I still ate them at my desk, got Ranch and filling all over my face and talked with my mouthful about just how good my sandwiches were, as if I was Adam Richman himself. Phwoar.

• Upvote 1