aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I got a second credit card once. A woman started chatting to me in an airport and we talked about how shit ryanair are. Next thing I knew I was signing some papers for a new card.

I cut it up and never used it though.

Speaking of credit cards about 2 months ago I was told that Egg had given my account to barclaycard. How does that work? They don't have to ask me?

Speaking of credit cards about 2 months ago I was told that Egg had given my account to barclaycard. How does that work? They don't have to ask me?

Is the account in debt? If so, companies buy debt at a lowball price and try to get the money back from you, to make a profit. So, if you owe egg money, then expect a barrage of correspondence from Barclaycard in the near future, until they get bored and sell it on to someone else.

Is the account in debt? If so, companies buy debt at a lowball price and try to get the money back from you, to make a profit. So, if you owe egg money, then expect a barrage of correspondence from Barclaycard in the near future, until they get bored and sell it on to someone else.

and that is essentially how lots of banks broke in 2008. Nice that they learned. Soooo glad that they won't be making the mistakes that saw lots of people I liked working with get made redundant again. Good. Ace, even.

woah, seez a link. It was 4 or 5 stars all inclusive for 7 nights. Thomas Cook though. Probably getting ripped off.

The missus booked it so I dunno the exact link, but it was through Thomson, we also had to pay it off more or less straight away. Maybe that's why it was cheap.

Look around. You can get it cheaper than that. Much cheaper. £600 would be more understandable if you going for 2 weeks.

We picked June because some reviews said August was unbearable, heat-wise, and I burn in England, so I'm going to sizzle in Tunisia. I get sunburn when it's cloudy. Cloudburn. Also early June, so the English school holidays haven't started by then. Scottish ones will have, but there's not as many of you guys to RUIN MY HOLIDAY.

I still think you could get it cheaper than £600. We were looking at all inclusive holidays to Mexico for £700, so for £600 I'd be expecting a bit more than a week in Tunisia.

Mine is 4 star too, for 10 days, all inclusive, and only 3 miles from the capital. £385 each. Shop around.

and that is essentially how lots of banks broke in 2008.

No it's not - the problem wasn't buying and selling debt, that's a major part of the financial system, at its core, the problem was allowing people who were not capable of paying back their borrowing to borrow in the first pace, under the premise that what they bought woule increase in value and could be siezed.

In these cases, so long as the lenders (i.e. CC companies) have used a robust process to determine who should and shouldn't get a CC then the problem isn't the same. The NINJA mortages, etc weren't given in that robust way.

Don't Scottish school holidays start in July?

I thought they started in June. They start much earlier than in England anyway, and the kids up here seem to go back to school during the height of summer, the poor bastards.

(Height of summer being cloudy, bits of drizzle and maximum temperatures of 14 degrees, of course.)

Just looked at thomson. All inclusive 7 nights in late august for 2 people. Prices start at 464 each, for a "3 T" rating. You got lucky. Also, where you flying from? Me picking scotland and only scotland may be my downfall.

Glasgow, at something daft as fuck like 6 in the morning, and we can't check in the night before, so we have to get a hotel, and leave the hotel at 4am. Almost seems pointless having a hotel.

This comment someone made on their Facebook page today:

"government advicing folk to fill up when there half full? what bout the petrol it uses to carry the extra weight of the petrol. torys are stupid"

Its got to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever typed?

• Upvote 1

I got a second credit card once. A woman started chatting to me in an airport and we talked about how shit ryanair are. Next thing I knew I was signing some papers for a new card.

I cut it up and never used it though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/01/barclays-buy-egg-credit-card

• Upvote 1

That poster makes a fair point - if you're only gonna be scooting about your local area, as many drivers do, and will never be far from a petrol station, carrying excess fuel will increase the weight of the car, thereby reducing its fuel efficiency. Does anyone think that this strike will come to anything, because they never have in the past. So you're wasting fule unnecessarily if it doesn't, however small an amount that might be.