aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Yeah, in all seriousness Jake - if you get a CC then chill the fuck out with it. It is NOT free money and it WILL bite you in the arse a few years down the line if you're silly with it.

[/dad]

Oh yeah definitely. It's only getting used for holiday. Not "shit i forgot my bank card I'll just buy this can of juice with my CC". No chance.

Plus I really need to build my credit. Got refused so many times.

Aye, take it easy because there are few things more painful than watching someone make a total cunt of themself with a CC. You're right tho, building up a strong credit rating is important and something that you'll benefit from later. I work for a bank, have paid bills etc via DD for years without even a hint of a problem, have savings and investments, am on the voters roll and on both occasions where I've applied for CCs (one with the bank I work for and have been a member of since I've had a bank account and the other with a joint venture through the bank) I was turned down in the first instance. I put together appeals for both and ended up getting both of the CCs, which I've managed impeccably since I got them, but it shows how much of a nightmate getting credit can be.

The first I got was just to build a credit rating but the second had a 13 month interest free on balance transfers and new purchases, so look out for decent deals like that to avoid paying any interest.

I got my first one when i was a "student", just kept it on since then, funny thing was i applied, they turned me down, then 3 weeks later they offered me one without me asking again, never looked back since. But i dont even know the pin number for it, thats how little i use it, i hate debt, even being overdrawn depresses me.