aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Guest Gladstone

I was at an oil & gas funcy quiz night fundraiser thingy last night. It was quite good. Winning the star prize in the raffle of a brand new Fiat Panda - that was ace-ic. :)

• Upvote 6

Some weeks at work are better than others. While I might have done more hours in the office this week than any other in the 11 months since I've been here it's probably one of the best weeks professionally I've had for a long time. Thrown into the deep end on Monday with being asked to manage what turned out to be the longest major incident our department's had for 3 years (I'm not a manager in my normal role) as my first shotty at that kind of task I ended up getting some very good feedback from our department management about how I handled the situation and also got great feedback from the incident team. Felt like a rabbit in headlights on Monday morning though.

Then on Wednesday I got a pay rise and a bonus. In all the years I've been doing this kind of work I've only ever had shitty news on salary reviews, like when my job was re-graded and my pay was frozen for 2 years at RGU or when the service company I previously worked for and the operator I was based at both announced massive profits but couldn't agree who's responibility it was to give us a pay rise so we got nothing. Feels awesome to actually get a reward for once.

Going to celebrate by killing myself running tomorrow and then getting merry and stuffing my face in the evening. Hopefully after a Scotland win.

• Upvote 2

Being off work for two weeks. And going to SxSw again!

I'm jealous. I'm leaving Texas the same weekend you folks come over I think.

At least I'm sort of looking forward to going to the Prince of Wales for the first time in what seems like forever. Going to a bar and not tipping an underpaid bartender handsomely for opening a bottle of beer without retribution is gonna be fucking swell.

• Upvote 1