aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I am excited about seeing it, but at the same time it's made by Platinum Dunes who manage to fuck up everything they touch so I do except it to be slightly twat. Still, I'm a bit of a Freddy fanboy and I managed to sit through all 7 of the crappy-crap sequels recently and it can't be much worse than most of them. Have you watched it?

I'd say it's better than the other Platinum Dunes remakes....

but still isn't actually good.

How will you get drunk?

Ah ha!! I am just cutting the booze out through the week, I was drinking a half bottles min prob a night ...ye old glass of wine with dinner got far to common!

I am going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, but not seeing a result so something had to give!

I'll probably put it all back on the weekend :( but still better than add to the weeks lbs gained!

Built to Spill last night, and to a lesser extent, Dinosaur Jr. The latter were good, but they sacrificed alot of their catchier, memorable numbers in favour of playing the songs with the most guitar solos. There was barely anything from Where You Been, which is my favourite album. The guitar drowned everything out too, so you couldn't hear the vocals or even the snare drum.

Built To Spill were super though. Slide guitar is severely underused in all genres of music.

Built to Spill last night, and to a lesser extent, Dinosaur Jr. The latter were good, but they sacrificed alot of their catchier, memorable numbers in favour of playing the songs with the most guitar solos. There was barely anything from Where You Been, which is my favourite album. The guitar drowned everything out too, so you couldn't hear the vocals or even the snare drum.

Built To Spill were super though. Slide guitar is severely underused in all genres of music.

I think you are the only other person I have ever seen claiming 'Where You Been' as their favourite Dinosaur Jr album! I just can't see past it, even with the dodgy song with the falsetto vocal.

:up:

I think you are the only other person I have ever seen claiming 'Where You Been' as their favourite Dinosaur Jr album! I just can't see past it, even with the dodgy song with the falsetto vocal.

:up:

It's totally pop. The guitar solos are quite tasteful too. More melody and less shredding. I love Start Choppin'. Possibly my favourite DJ song.

It's totally pop. The guitar solos are quite tasteful too. More melody and less shredding. I love Start Choppin'. Possibly my favourite DJ song.

I remember they did 'Start Choppin'' on The Word...did nothing to enhance my opinion of them live despite it being a great song. I love 'Out There' has to be one of the best opening tracks on an album ever. 'Get Me' has some of my favourite solos of all time as well.

I'm off to have a listen to it now actually, it's been a while...