aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I'm struggling to find a downloadable version of the first recent Office episode with Will Ferrell in it. There was a ballsing up with the episode numbering, and they've only just amended it, and for some reason that episode had just gone completely missing. Anyone got a link to it? It's called Training Day, I believe.

I read yesterday that the current crop of actors to succeed Michael Scott as Manager of Dunder Mifflin include Will Arnett, Ray Romano, Will Ferrell and Catherine Tate?! According to The Sun (reputable source obvs) Catherine Tate is the favourite to be the new star of the show. Christ.

Michael Scott has become one of my least favourite characters, as he's morphed from being insular and ignorant to way too much of a Homer Simpson-like idiot, which I think was a poor transition, but I still don't think they should carry on without him, unless they made Oscar the manager. He's underrated. Petty and pedantic.

Sent you a PM

Has anyone watched Parks and Rec? Apparently the first season is a bit hit or miss but the second season is brilliant. Is it the kind of show where you have to watch it all in order or can I miss some of the duff episodes from season one?

I've not watched it but that does seem to be the general consensus. I think most people say it's best to fight through 1 in order to enjoy 2 as best possible.

Oh Community is awesome. Have I said that. Gonna rewatch it all again.

I watched the first season of Parks and Rec last night. From what I gather so far, they have simply created a female Michael Scott. Overly ambitious, ignorant, doesn't think things through. Very similar traits. The basis is very similar too, in that mockumentary set up. It seems ok so far, but the similarities between the main characters is pretty glaring. I'll see how Season 2 is this weekend. I'm led to believe it gets plenty better.

Interested. I think I got bored of it a couple of season's back so I should probably catch up.

Cartman-and-Cathulhu-again.png

sp_1413_clip08.jpg

There will always be some patchy eps, but even they will have enough actual content to be worth 20 mins of my time any day/week.

Speaking of which, day off for Feudal Obesiance day plan A = Herb + New South Park x 200 Motels.

EDIT New ep good- key quote "I should have never updated itunes" in Japanese accent.

Saw some hun rajjes on the street (Byres Rd) waving a tiny plastic Union Flag, trying to be mean, bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...
Have put off Parks and Rec. Downloaded the first season of Fringe and three episodes in I can tell I'm going to get hooked.

However, it's very difficult when they do close-ups of Walter Bishop talking to not just see Lord Denethor of Gondor.

Get back on the Parks and Rec boat, i love it. Started Generation Kill last night, watched the first 3 parts, pretty good so far.

Very true, Generation Kill is very good.

So after catching up on Game of Thrones which I'm loving I've decided to get on with the first season of Fringe. It's very addictive. Also, Anna Torv, but more so Jasika Nicole. Once I'm done with this I'll head on to Season 4 of Mad Men.

Then I'll probably watch Season 6 of Supernatural and then hit the Parks and Rec/Community

Has anyone else been watching the new series of Psychoville? The Tina Turner bit in last night's may have been the best thing I've ever seen on tv.

Yes. If there's ever a good way to

find out you've got cancer,

then that's got to be it.

Also, the old woman calling the librarian a prick was pretty good.

Perhaps the best episode of Mad Men is in season 4. I wont say anything to spoil it but you'll know which one I mean when you see it.

You should anyway.

I'll keep an eye out. Only watched the first two last night.

I'm desperate to watch the second season of Fringe though. Fuck you JJ Abrams and your inability to throw me a bone. Fuck you.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone seen Bored To Death? HBO Sitcom with that beardy guy from the Hangover, and Ted Danson. Stumbled across it through Amazon recommendations. Is it worth a watch?

Enjoyed it. It's very dry, humour-wise, but worth persevering with as it picks up momentum near the end of the 1st series. I expect the 2nd series will pick up where the first left off. Ted Danson and Zach Galafinakis (Sp) are the best bits about it.