aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I've just finished Battlestar Galactica. I have questions for people who have watched it.

A. Is 'The Plan' worth getting?

B. Where do I go from here? What other sci-fi series would you recommend that is on par with BSG? I feel like there's a big cylon-shaped hole in my heart that needs filled.

Firefly.

Space: Above and Beyond.

Look out for Falling Skies which airs this year - YouTube - Falling Skies Trailer

• 1 month later...
First time!

FX showing it from the start = :up:

Ace! Cherish it, Adam, for you can only watch each episode for the first time once.

I'd only seen the odd episode here and there until a few months ago when I watched all three series back to back. Favourite thing I've seen in a long time.

It's great, like - really great.

Pleased to hear there are three series. :)

Yep :) Third series is only 13 episodes long, though, and they knew they were getting cancelled as it was being written so there's lots of references to it. Just ace. It made me feel genuinely upset to watch the last episode, but looks like the film will definitely be happening, so that's something! :up:

I've returned to the Sopranos once again. That's all I've got going series-wise at the moment.

I've just recently started watching the American version of The Office. So far I've watched two seasons in as many weeks and have just watched the first episode of season three. I LOVE it, totally didn't think I would. Dwight is bloody hilarious, and I love Jim and Pam, they better get it together!! :love:

Best show on TV.

American Office became amazing once they got past the straight emulation of the Brit version. So many great moments from Dwight and the Nard Dog.

I have now watched Season 1 of 'Mad Men' which I persevered with, the wife was bored after 1.5 episodes so I've been going it alone. It's quite a strange program in many ways, doesn't really have a strong narrative as such but has little allusions to things that make you want to keep watching to see if it's explained. Which it kinda has done.

Starting Season 2 tonight...

The best thing about Arrested Development is that it gets better and better right until the end. Never falters. Season 3 gets a bit silly since they knew they were getting axed.

The Office is still incredible. Season 7 is excellent now that Daryl has a bigger part. He's become my favourite character since Season 6. Especially his speech when Michael declares some sort of racial reversal after Obama won the election.

"No more Nascar. Nascar is over"

Favourite shows at the moment:

NCIS

Castle

Lie to Me (Tim Roth is excellent in ths)

Chuck

Bones

just started watching Shit My Dad says - which is good but i cant help feeling the character of the father is a less likeable version of the great Denny Crane.

Rewatching just to remember how good they were:

The Grandaddy of them all - M*A*S*H - Still powerfull, still funny, and often still very sad - the episode with the death of henry Blake is one of the best moments ever recorded for TV.

Firefly

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Boston Legal - You dont really ehar of this over here but I love it James Spader and William Shatner playing very unlikeable, likeable characters.