aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I was rewatching The Day Today on youtube over the weekend, it holds up well thanks to the ever increasing sensationalism of actual news on TV.

Other things I've been watching recently, through slightly more nefarious means, include Better Off Ted and Community. Sadly it looks like Better Off Ted won't be getting a third series, some of that probably lies in the rubbish name it's been given. Doesn't exactly shout out 'Watch Me!'. I'd reccomend this for folks that liked Arrested Development and/or Andy Richter Controls the Universe. One day it might get shown on TV over here but no doubt it'll be at a ludicrous time of day on some channel that no one gets.

I'm glad to see How I Met Your Mother is on E4 nowadays, it feels like a more natural home than BBC2 was when it first came out a few years ago. I ended up getting into it when it was being shown on Trouble of all places. Don't hugely agree with the Friends comparisons that get made in the adverts for E4, if anything that would have put me off if I'd not seen it before, but I suppose that's going to appeal to some folks. To sum up - it's reet funny.

I'm glad to see How I Met Your Mother is on E4 nowadays, it feels like a more natural home than BBC2 was when it first came out a few years ago. I ended up getting into it when it was being shown on Trouble of all places. Don't hugely agree with the Friends comparisons that get made in the adverts for E4, if anything that would have put me off if I'd not seen it before, but I suppose that's going to appeal to some folks. To sum up - it's reet funny.

I love it!! I only started watching it because it's on after Hollyoaks.

Also, Glee. It's hilarious. I'm addicted!!

Re the Prisoner, never knew there was a re-make, but I can tell, without watching, that it will be but a piss stain compared to the stupendously great original. Now when is bastarding 'Money' on.

I downloaded the original Prisoner so will have to watch it, heard the reviews of the remake weren't nearly as good (when are they ever tho!)

• 6 months later...

No point in a new thread for telly musings, eh?

Rather enjoyed 'Grandma's House', 1st ep average, but the second one, with the 'play', jebus H, just about lost it with the ultra-cringe, very good, 3rd ep also damn fine.

Also saw the 1st ep of Futurama S06, nae bad for a season opener, but they have to relax back into it, and not try so hard.

No point in a new thread for telly musings, eh?

Rather enjoyed 'Grandma's House', 1st ep average, but the second one, with the 'play', jebus H, just about lost it with the ultra-cringe, very good, 3rd ep also damn fine.

Also saw the 1st ep of Futurama S06, nae bad for a season opener, but they have to relax back into it, and not try so hard.

Having seen the first 10 eps of Futurama S06 I'm happy to report that they get back into the swing of things quickly and it's been consistently excellent ever since.

Found out the other day that the fantastic Better Off Ted is being shown on FX at the moment. Very funny series that's not nearly as annoying as its title suggests. It's a crap title. It's a great show.

It does look good. I haven't managed to catch it yet. I will ammend this.

I've been watching alot more Malcolm in the Middle the past few weeks. Hal is possibly my favourite TV character.

I watched a lot of Malcolm in the Middle over the weekend, there was one where Hal started up a pirate talk radio station where he'd do classic conspiracist truth sessions. Totally Awesome.

The dinner party episode is amazing.

Got to this one last night, agreed, it is good. I especially liked Michael's tiny plasma TV, especially when he demo'd how he could save space by pushing it back against the wall. Functional.

Another good episode is when Michael and Dwight go clubbing in New York and Dwight tells Ryan's mate on meeting him he 'looks like a Tolkein character'.

I recently watched the BBC mini-series State of Play, which was fantastic. A very gripping plot that left me wanting more at the end of each episode, I ended up watching it all in one day. Fantastic cast too, the acting was top notch.

I've also just finished the HBO mini-series Generation Kill which was done by David Simon and Ed Burns. TV of the highest quality, the production, acting and writing were all fantastic. It does however leave you pretty horrified watching it knowing that all this actually happened.

Also I've been going back through the seasons of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Two of my favourite comedies ever. The run of episodes at the end of season 2 of curb (The Doll - Shaq - The Baptism - The Massage) is pretty much unbeatable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now watching The Office Season 5. I'm not finding a huge dip in quality really.

More of a pain in the arse was trying to figure out how to switch off the subtitles. Navigating around menus written in Dutch isn't easy. Requires some good guesswork. And a knowledge of where DVD menus typically place things in the order of merit. Sign of a mis-spent life I think....

I'm now watching The Office Season 5. I'm not finding a huge dip in quality really.

More of a pain in the arse was trying to figure out how to switch off the subtitles. Navigating around menus written in Dutch isn't easy. Requires some good guesswork. And a knowledge of where DVD menus typically place things in the order of merit. Sign of a mis-spent life I think....

Mooi!

I liked Season 5, thought it brought some excellent japery to the table. I suppose it's more cartoonish than it might have been in the past, especially in the way it treats Andy and Dwight, but I'm all for cartoonish - that's why I like 30 Rock.

That's no suggestion - it is cold hard fact. This will be his last year but they're going to keep making more after he's gone. New boss time, I hope the Nard Dog gets the job although it looks likely to be an outsider:

The Office now considering replacing Steve Carell with Harvey Keitel. Yes, seriously. | TV | Newswire | The A.V. Club

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watching Community? Rinsed the whole first season in a day and a half. Really funny, nerdy movie references, good looking broads, what's not to like?

New season of 30 rock has started. Haven't been blown away so far. Dexter either; nothing will top Jon Lithgow so that show should just stop.