aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I quite liked the Martin Freeman one. He's a good egg.

Yeh, he's a personal favourite of mine actually. And I did enjoy that episode despite Brooker not getting a word in coz of that Ndubz twat.

Did you see the Motown documentary he did for the culture show. No ego and clear to see it was a genuine work of love and not just a paycheck, really good watch.

I've only seen snippets of The Thick of It, but have started watching the new series. I fucking love it. Peter Capaldi is brilliant.

I don;t think the punch was too much, just a little out of context from the verbal lashings he usually gives, but still, funny as.

I've not watched any of it yet, but I know vaguely and occasionally email one of the guys who did some writing and accasionally stars in it, (the other) Will Smith, so i should watch it, I have a suspicion I might like it.

I recently bought the TV series Absolute Power with Stephen Fry, on the strength of the radio series being quite good, anyone seen it ?

Did anyone ever watch Ed? It used to be on E4 on weekday daytimes. The main guy is the lad who plays JD's brother in Scrubs occasionally, and also has another guy in it who was Elliots boyfriend for a bit. It was dead good anyway, and I've been trying to find it on DVD for ages. It was on Amazon once on Region1 about a year ago but now it just seems to have disappeared. I miss it. Watched it all the time when I was a scumbag on the dole.

Did anyone ever watch Ed? It used to be on E4 on weekday daytimes. The main guy is the lad who plays JD's brother in Scrubs occasionally, and also has another guy in it who was Elliots boyfriend for a bit. It was dead good anyway, and I've been trying to find it on DVD for ages. It was on Amazon once on Region1 about a year ago but now it just seems to have disappeared. I miss it. Watched it all the time when I was a scumbag on the dole.

Its not yet been released on DVD:

Ed DVD news: Status report for Ed on DVD | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Just finished Curb Your Enthusiasm. Utter genius.

It peaked for me with the Starbucks scene.

"I'll have a ... vanilla... Just give me one of the vanilla bullshits".

There's a very good interview with him (these are quite rare) with Ricky Gervais who is visibly nervous around Larry as he is such a big fan, but once they settle down and get talking, you get a pretty great insight as to how the show is made.

It peaked for me with the Starbucks scene.

"I'll have a ... vanilla... Just give me one of the vanilla bullshits".

There's a very good interview with him (these are quite rare) with Ricky Gervais who is visibly nervous around Larry as he is such a big fan, but once they settle down and get talking, you get a pretty great insight as to how the show is made.

Aye, remember watching these when they were on, there was one with Garry Shandling too. Always good to listen to the likes of David and Shandling but Gervais' fawning sycophancy is a turn off.

Aye, remember watching these when they were on, there was one with Garry Shandling too. Always good to listen to the likes of David and Shandling but Gervais' fawning sycophancy is a turn off.

Holy shit that Shandling one is ridiculous!

He was being so awkward and Ricky couldn't quite believe what was happening. Credit to Gevais for showing the interview unedited and as it happened though, because it was pretty uncomfortable.

Just finished Curb Your Enthusiasm. Utter genius. Makes me wish I'd watched Seinfeld now.

I'd never seen it either, rewatching 'Curb...' made me want to check it out so I got the box set of the first 3 seasons off Amazon. I've struggled through to about half way through Season 2 but I just can't get into it, 'Curb...' is way funnier.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Just finished Curb Your Enthusiasm. Utter genius. Makes me wish I'd watched Seinfeld now.

I'd never seen it either, rewatching 'Curb...' made me want to check it out so I got the box set of the first 3 seasons off Amazon. I've struggled through to about half way through Season 2 but I just can't get into it, 'Curb...' is way funnier.

The first two series of seinfeld are not good. The third one is better but not great. 4, 5 and 6 was the show at it's best, i don't think i'll ever tire of seeing the episodes from that era.

I think you need to watch the first few series' of seinfeld to begin to 'get' the characters. but it's more a case of getting through them. 3rd series onwards is the peak of televisual greatness. Whenever i'm at a loose end for what to watch, my first reflex is Seinfeld and after countless viewings I still go back to it. It probably peaked around the Soup Nazi eipsode. The period of ten or so episodes either side of that point beats any US comedy that has come since. As much as it pains me to say it, that includes Curb. George Costanza is one of the greatest characters ever put on the small screen and the combination of unique humour, well developed characters and the right ratio of nonsense to real life relatability make it the funniest show ever! In my opinion of course.

• 1 month later...

Watched a mini series called Above Suspicion Red Dahlia UK 3-parter about a copy cat of the Black Dehlia case from earl 1900's which was never solved.

Was good however I think I managed to miss a section of it in the middle, but managed to catch up.

Also glad to see some tv starting up again...

24 S8

Lost - last season

Being Human - BBC3

Heroes

CSI

I downloaded that new Day of The Triffids remake, with Eddie Izzard, but it looks fucking awful.

However BBC Worldwide have the 80s version up on their youtube site. They also have some classic Doctor Who episodes.:up:

I think youtube is about to kill TV. 4od are now on there, as well.