aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Can we talk about Stand Up Comedy in here too as well as drama/sitcoms whatever? The stand up comedy threads usually die and disappear.

Watched a couple of of Ross Noble shows recently. He's a bit hit and miss, but he's very good when he nails it. I used to hate Michael McIntyre, but I've really warmed to him. Hello Wembley is very good.

Anyone seen much of Craig Campbell? He was on Michael McIntyres Comedy Roadshow the other night. Angry Canadian guy. He only had a 5 or 10 minute slot, but he was superb. He hasn't got much out at the moment though. Think he was in Aberdeen earlier in the year. Didn't know about him then. Typical.

Anyone recommend any new shows worth watching?

Anyone seen much of Craig Campbell?

He supported Frankie Boyle in Aberdeen, I really enjoyed him. We didn't go to see him the other week as we thought his routine would lijkely just be the same. I like Frankie's DVD's.

Eddie Izzard's first few DVD's are excellent, he totally lost it though, 'Sexie' was so dire I have never watched it all the way.

I watched 'Zach Galifianakis at the Purple Onion' last night, got it for a few quid on Amazon. It's OK, not wonderful but a few decent bits.

Michael McIntyre is a bit overexposed on shite TV nowadays but I found his live shows pretty amusing.

Dependent on your tolerance for him, the Ricky Gervais stand-up shows are not bad, 'Fame' was abit pish but the others are OK.

An Idiot Abroad has started again on Sky. The first series. I missed it first time round so i was happy to watch it. I loved it. I've seen a lot of folk not liking it but it's one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I don't think they could've got anyone better to travel the world. Just his reaction to what they eat and how they shit is enough for me to keep watching.

• 3 weeks later...
Started watching U.S. Office. So great. On season 5 already and I only started last week. So funny. I think it's beat Arrested Development as funniest thing I've watched in a good while. Am I the only person that finds Angela extremely hot?

I did exactly this...started it a few weeks ago, already finished season six.

Looking fwd to seeing some new Breaking Bad. I'm gonna wait till it's finished and consume it in a oner.

I'm fully immersed in Parks and Rec at the moment. Really funny show after you get past the initial 'oh this is just a female-bossed rip off of the office'. It hits its stride pretty quickly.

Another show I'm loving is Rhett and Link: Commercial Kings. Premise is two guys go around small town America finding local businesses and make them a snazzy TV commercial. Hilarious results. Can't find a good vid though. :(

Good start to the new season. Speaking of new seasons, the first 2 episodes of the new Curb have been great.

Andrew, have you watched Deadwood before? I'm about to start the second season. It's right up there with HBO's best dramas.

Of course if you haven't yet watched the wire you should watch that it's the greatest thing.....blah blah

Good start to the new season. Speaking of new seasons, the first 2 episodes of the new Curb have been great.

Andrew, have you watched Deadwood before? I'm about to start the second season. It's right up there with HBO's best dramas.

Of course if you haven't yet watched the wire you should watch that it's the greatest thing.....blah blah

i've been meaning to watch it for such a long time, just never bothered for some reason. I think this stint of illness may serve that opportunity.

Watched Breaking Bad last night. I loved it. But at the same time, I thought, come on now. It seemed to move slower than Lost. It made the suspense great and I was on the edge of my seat but when the episode finished I was just like, wait, what.. that's been 47 minutes already? But yeah, I'm quite confused. Also, Gus is a little bit crazy eh.