aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Yes! Buddy is bad-ass, and the terrible delivery driver always leads to excellent shouting scenes. Those Italian New Yorkers fucking love to shout.

Keep meaning to soldier on with Parks and Rec, but the first season was a bit drab, it's put me right off, even though I've heard endlessly that it gets much better. The lead character is incredibly similar to Michael Scott in the first season, which was also a put off.

As has been said, Archer is brilliant.

Digging Traffic Light right now. It's a slow burner, but it's a pleasant watch. Not LOL funny, but well put together.

Stick with parks & rec. If you like the us office you'll like it. It took me a while to get over the similarity but they manage to shake it off by the 2nd season.

Oh and all those food shows are awesome. Anthony bourdain, diners, drive ins, good eats, chopped... I watch them all. There's a new one about BBQ that's about to start. Man, I love watching people grill meat.

Stick with parks & rec. If you like the us office you'll like it. It took me a while to get over the similarity but they manage to shake it off by the 2nd season.

Oh and all those food shows are awesome. Anthony bourdain, diners, drive ins, good eats, chopped... I watch them all. There's a new one about BBQ that's about to start. Man, I love watching people grill meat.

Oh man, Chopped is insane. The ingredients they give them is just messed up. Saw one the other day where they were forced to make a dessert out of 4 savoury things. Cheese, meat, tortillas and something else. The chefs all seem loopy too. Properly emotional. Breaking down into tears as they saute a pan of onions and wasps or something whilst screaming "what am I gonna do with all thisss???"

So good. It's like Ready Steady Cook meets Ninja Warrior.

Omar from The Wire is to be a recurring character in Community Season 3. He'll be the new biology professor.

Finished all of Traffic Light Season 1 yesterday. Great show. Get's better and better as it goes on. Don't let Kris Marshall (My Family/BT Adverts) put you off. He's very good in it. It's all about Dave Denman though (Roy from the Office). He's a bastard. A good bastard. It's got the lad who plays Nick the IT Guy in the Office too. A semi-All Star Cast!

Watched a few more Parks and Rec episodes. I just can't get past the main characater. Swanson is great at all times, though I expected more from Haverford, as I like Aziz Ansari in most things he's been in. He still comes across a little underwhelming. Leslie Knope is just annoying. She is no Liz Lemon. It needs more Swanson.

Sunday nights. So the second episode of season 4 airs tonight.

Waking up on Monday mornings is much better with the prospect of new Breaking Bad.

I can't wait. Although I don't think much is going to happen. It's going to be full of suspense and nothing else if the first episode is anything to go by. And I mean more suspense than usual.

Yeah I knew what you meant.

I was just giving myself a cheeky giggle.

And I've only ever seen 1 full episode of Lost.

It's good if you've got the time to sit down and watch. Sometimes you watch episodes and it's like, fuck me is that it? Then other times you're on the edge of your seat. You have to watch it though. You can't put it on then sit with your laptop out. You'll end up missing the most important part.

Lost was so disappointing. Had so much potential, but none of the questions were really answered properly and the ending was kind of the only place they had left to go with it IMO.

I thought it ended well. It's obvious there were too many things to be answered by the time the finale came along but I like how it's sort of "it is because it is, just believe" sort of thing. Sort of keeping along the lines of faith and religion and that.

Have just watched Seasons 1 - 6 of 'Lost' back to back. I watched the first season when it was originally aired and started on the second but when it became apparent they were planning on 5 or 6 seasons I opted to await the end to watch it all in a marathon sesion. I even managed to avoid spoilers on the ending.

Although there were inevitable dips along the way and a sense that things were being spun out around Seasons 4 and 5, I would say overall it was superior television, enough weird shit going on to sustain interest. I didn't even hate the ending, although I'm not certain I can fully understand everything that went on and tie it together in my head. Perhaps I'm not supposed to.

Now onto 'True Blood' Season 3. Then I need to hit 'The Wire'. And 'Deadwood'.

John Goodman also joining cast of season 3 of Community.

Awesome cast. I was hoping they'd shake it up a bit. I lost a bit of interest as Season 2 went on, but the double paintball episode brought it all back. That was just amazing. Especially how the homage completely changed halfway through.