aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I remember watching Being Human years ago and it was god awful, terrible acting with really dull story lines. What's changed?

Being Human has only been on for around a year so I don't think its the same thing. But if you're mistaken, then yeah, at times there is some woefull acting and storylines but with a budget that they get to make a season then I'd say they go above and beyond but thats just my opinion.

For me the dynamic is funny, the charecters have depth and even though its a weird show its utterly addictive. But whatever floats yer boat I guess, if you aint watching nowt else tonight at 9 give it a watch and see if they've improved.:popcorn:

Only just got around to watching the Ricky Gervais show. I've heard bits of the podcasts before which were good, but the animation just completes it. I'm not that into Gervais at all, but Karl Pilkington is just superb. My face hurt from laughing it right off.

I think Karl Pilkington would be a lot funnier if he didn't Gervais and his exaggerated laughter and bullying mannerisms beside him all the time.

I think Karl Pilkington would be a lot funnier if he didn't Gervais and his exaggerated laughter and bullying mannerisms beside him all the time.

Karl's stupidity really is an act though, so he's not really being bullied. I don't like Gervais and his stupid laugh though. It would be better if it was just Karl and Steven Merchant.

Karl's stupidity really is an act though, so he's not really being bullied. I don't like Gervais and his stupid laugh though. It would be better if it was just Karl and Steven Merchant.

Not true. Yes he gets told to put it on a bit nowadays and play it up but if you listened to their xfm shows from years ago you definitely wouldn't be saying that. He was their producer who used to say a couple of words per show then slowly got more involved as they realised how his brain works and the comedy found within. There's nothing fake about his personality.

I do believe that his personality is genuine, but alot of it really has to be put on. I don't believe he actually believes most of the stuff he says on the Ricky Gervais Show. Especially from the way he is baited, and he just takes it, knowing he's going to get laughed at. Can someone really be that unconscious of the boundaries of their own stupidity, and willingly publish it into many formats?

• 3 weeks later...

I read yesterday that the current crop of actors to succeed Michael Scott as Manager of Dunder Mifflin include Will Arnett, Ray Romano, Will Ferrell and Catherine Tate?! According to The Sun (reputable source obvs) Catherine Tate is the favourite to be the new star of the show. Christ.

Michael Scott has become one of my least favourite characters, as he's morphed from being insular and ignorant to way too much of a Homer Simpson-like idiot, which I think was a poor transition, but I still don't think they should carry on without him, unless they made Oscar the manager. He's underrated. Petty and pedantic.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just watched that episode. So great. The mafia - chicken sticks episode was incredible as well.

A friend of mine told me ages ago to watch it but I never bothered. He put it on the other day while we were recovering from a hangover. I watched a few episodes yesterday but today I must have watched more than 10. I just keep going.